Managing Director – Hurtigruten Foundation
Hurtigruten Group is the world's leading expedition travel company with operations from pole to pole - and anywhere in between. We take our guests to the most spectacular areas of the planet, offering a mix of pristine wilderness and visits to genuine local communities. Hurtigruten Group is revolutionizing the travel industry’s approach to sustainability, allowing us to offer authentic local experiences while leaving a footprint we are proud of – both in nature and with the communities we visit. We have established Hurtigruten Foundation to ensure that our guests of tomorrow can enjoy the same unique experiences as our guests of today. Through Hurtigruten Foundation, Hurtigruten Group and all our employees cooperate closely with our guests, business partners, suppliers, and organizations to make a difference. We work hard every day to develop more sustainable solutions for our entire operation. We also aim to create positive extended effects in the local communities we cooperate with and to drive change.
Imagine – a world without polar bears.
A world where pristine beaches are littered with garbage. A world where there is more plastic than fish in the ocean, where the big corporations exploit the local communities that they rely on.
We cannot, and we will not accept these possibilities! That is the reason why we established Hurtigruten Foundation.
Working closely with guests, partners, and organizations, we believe that we can make a difference – by minimizing our operational impact and maximizing the positive contribution we make to local communities.
The focus of Hurtigruten Foundation efforts supports three main pillars:
- Conservation of endangered species
- Fighting against marine and plastic pollution
- Financially supporting global and local projects in areas we explore
- Contribute to innovation, development and local value creation
In addition, Hurtigruten Foundation spans activities onboard and ashore, such as beach clean-ups, citizen science, water sampling, oil spill monitoring, and other science related projects. We educate guests and create ‘ambassadors’ for every destination on every voyage. Through lectures, discussions and other engaging activities, Hurtigruten Foundation is a platform for guests and crew to take a stance, volunteer in worthwhile causes, and make a genuine difference – together.
All surplus funds from Hurtigruten Foundation are donated to selected organizations and causes – that all makes that special difference.
We are now looking to hire a Managing Director to take Hurtigruten Foundation to the next level. If these thoughts resonate with you, and you can recognize yourself through the qualifications below, we would really like to hear from you.
The Managing Director will report to the Board of Directors of Hurtigruten Foundation.
- Day to day management of the Foundation.
- Fundraising and fundraising initiatives internally within the Hurtigruten Group as well as externally.
- Develop strategy for the foundation aligned with the Strategic aims of the Hurtigruten group, their brands and Sustainability strategy.
- Represent the Hurtigruten Foundation on the international stage.
- Develop Partnerships with NGOs and other stakeholders to fulfil the aims of the foundation.
- Work alongside the Hurtigruten Science program to support research on and off the ships.
- Reporting performance of the Foundation to the Board and Hurtigruten Group.
- Deliver regular updates and communications internally and externally about the work of the Foundation.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Higher education, preferably Masters’ Degree.
- Experience from working with Environmental and Sustainability topics.
- Experience from the voluntary sector and/or fundraising is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualities:
- Visionary and result oriented
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Commercial mind set
- Passionate about sustainability and with a good understanding of the relationship between business and charity
- Strong collaborative skills and a large network in Norway and internationally
- Enthusiastic and ambitious colleagues
- Good opportunities for personal development
- Help with relocation to Norway if needed
Location: Oslo or London
Type of position: Permanent
We know that diversity contributes to better results and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Questions about the position may be directed to Åsta Braathen, Hodejegerne AS, phone: 989 01 025,
Please apply by 18th of May