Group Legal Counsel – M&A
Local Unit & Position Description
Group Legal is responsible for providing legal advice to all business areas on a global basis and consist of 25 lawyers and support staff in a distributed team located at Høvik, in Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Hamburg, London and Houston. The Group Legal function is headed by the Group Legal Director at Group headquarters at Høvik and reports to the Group CFO.
Group Legal’s Corporate team is responsible for providing legal support on a global basis in corporate law matters, including M&A transactions, internal restructurings, and general advice to senior management.
DNV’s strategy plan for the period until 2025 includes an increased focus on in-organic growth and it is therefore foreseen that M&A activities will be a focus area for the organization going forward. Group Legal’s Corporate team is a key player in DNV’s M&A activities, and we are now looking to strengthen the Corporate team at Høvik with additional capacity and competence to meet the needs of the organization.
We are seeking two (2) high-achieving corporate lawyers with a commercial mindset and M&A experience from either a well renowned law firm or an inhouse legal position. The two vacant positions will primarily focus on M&A, internal restructurings and other national and international corporate/commercial matters.
The positions offers great opportunities for the correct candidate to develop both legal and commercial skills.
We are looking for professionals with confidence and a curious and proactive attitude towards problem-solving.
• Master of Law degree or equivalent from a Norwegian or foreign university with solid academic credentials
• Minimum 3 years’ relevant working experience, including M&A transactions
• Admitted to bar with all necessary certificates to practice law in Norway (preferable)
• Excellent communication skills, both soft, oral and written.
• Proficiency in both Norwegian and English. Other language skills are considered an advantage.
• Strong integrity and work ethics
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Project management skills and experience
• An international, dynamic and exciting working environment
• Possibility for assignments to Group Legal’s locations outside Norway
• A trusted, responsible and independent role from day one
• Supportive colleagues in a highly professional work environment
• Professional- and personal development opportunities
• 30 days annual vacation, company networks and sports and leisure activities with colleagues
• Competitive salary, pension- and insurance schemes
For further information, please contact:
Group Legal Counsel, Torbjørn Bekken, +47 47019654.
Group Legal Counsel, Morten Aass Monsen, +47 95774695.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
Whether assessing a new ship design, optimizing the performance of a wind farm, analyzing sensor data from a gas pipeline or certifying a food company’s supply chain, we enable our customers and their stakeholders to make critical decisions with confidence.
Our employees are driven by a common purpose: to safeguard life, property, and the environment. We help tackle the challenges and global transformations facing our customers and the world today and we are a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful and forward-thinking companies.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!