Senior Legal Counsel
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and
maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4,000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
Are you ready to join a successful company transforming their business into the renewable market with some of the most exciting projects within oil, gas and offshore wind? Are you up for interesting assignments and a professional and personal development?
As a Senior Legal Counsel in Aibel, you will be part of the management and administration of the legal services in the company. You will be responsible for providing legal and strategic advice to the Business Units and Corporate Management. The position requires top expertise within the EPC (Engineering Procurement Construction) contract segment. Furthermore, experience with international contracts is required and experience within Offshore Wind contracts would be an advantage.
You have a strategic view combined with a detailed orientation, and is capable of handling pressure and tough deadlines. You thrive in an international working environment and are good at planning, defining priorities and making decisions. You have a positive mindset and are passionate about motivating and developing colleagues and effective teams.
You will report to Aibel’s General Counsel and work out of Aibel’s Legal Department in Asker.
- Management and administration of the legal services within the company framework, such legal services to include, legal support related to contract law (study, engineering, procurement and/or construction contracts and related legal matters), company law, compliance, employment law, mergers and acquisitions, consortiums/JVs, statutory requirements in relation to countries where Aibel operates or plan to enter, etc
- Manage legal process streams in tenders, including drafting contracts/qualifications, participate in negotiations, and advise management on contractual risks and proposed strategies and mitigation plans
- Assist project management in project execution, claims handling and mitigation of claims by proactive advice/approach
- Engage external legal advisors when required, in coordination with General Counsel. Whenever external advisors are engaged, instruct, control and liase with external legal advisors
- Provide training in contractual and legal matters
- Handling of legal disputes, hereunder amicable settlements, negotiations and preparation and handling of potential court cases
Education and work experience:
- A law degree from a recognized university
- Post graduation certificates relevant for the role of Senior Legal Counsel
- Relevant post qualification experience to commensurate with position of 8 to 10 years of legal experience (external or in-house) from law firm, legal departments or any other legal position within relevant legal disciplines
- Ability to operate with a high degree of precision and efficiency. Is idea leader within own discipline, and has the ability to see the interconnections with other disciplines. Able to influence the direction of the company within own discipline by sharing ideas with others and seeking improvements
- The position requires strong communication skills and personal qualities that are aligned with our values; open, flexible, visionary and responsible. If you in addition are adaptable to change, you might be the candidate we are looking for.
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Jan S. Øinæs, Partner / COO Intersearch Norway
Mobile: +47 400 94 913