Shipbroker / Tankers
Clarksons is the world’s leading provider of integrated shipping and offshore services, bringing our connections and experience to an international client base. Our intelligence adds value by enabling clients to make more efficient and informed decisions. Our global reach, local knowledge and expertise is what makes us unique.
To understand more about day to day life at Clarksons, and what you can expect from us as an employer, visit us at www.clarksons.com
We have an exiting opportunity for an experienced, highly motivated and dynamic Broker to join our Tankers team in Oslo.
The ideal candidate should have a successful Broking background with Clean and/or Crude experience, be driven and focused, and a strong relationship builder.
What you will be doing
• Daily contact with Traders and Owners.
• Set up, negotiate and finalise spot/time charters to achieve optimum result for the client, including presenting the business to potential clients, negotiating the main terms of a contract or sale and seeing it through to its completion.
• Collaborate with the Operations department in relation to post fixture.
• Understand the business strategy for the division and seek to identify new business opportunities relating to trends, future markets, products and clients.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the Clean and/or Crude arena and market space.
• Provide market insight and trade ideas to clients.
• Drive revenue and develop client base.
• Daily price discovery, dissemination and matching.
• Attend client meetings/events/client entertainment.
What we are looking for
• Successful track record of Broking within Clean and/or Crude.
• Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Personable and engaging, able to build strong relationships.
• Strong commercial judgement with excellent negotiation skills.
• Driven, self-motivated and client focused.
• Strong numeracy skills and excellent presentation skills.
• Confident and able to work well under pressure.
• Good MS office skills.
Start up date: promptly or by arrangement.
To apply, send your CV and application to email@example.com before 9th of April 2021.
All inquiries and applications will be treated confidentially.