Do you want to shape a sustainable future?
We are Hydro, a global family of 34,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium, energy, metal recycling, batteries and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our People matter the most to make the difference.
Click here to explore our world and the heart of our operations.
Hydro Aluminium Metal a leading supplier of extrusion ingots, sheet ingots, foundry alloys, wire rods and high-purity aluminum with a global production network of around 5,000 employees. With primary metal production facilities in Europe, Canada, Australia, Brazil and Qatar, and recycling facilities throughout Europe and in the U.S., two-thirds of our primary aluminum production is based on renewable energy.
The Finance Director for the Primary Production Business Unit is responsible for driving the strategic development as well as the financial and operational performance and improvement agenda for 10 fully- and part owned smelters around the world.
We are offering an exciting opportunity to be part of, and have a key role in the Primary Production Management team, gaining a broad understanding of the global aluminium industry and contribute to the long-term development of Hydro Aluminium Metal. For the right candidate, this position offers an attractive platform for personal and professional growth and development in areas such as business analytics, finance and strategy.
Area of responsibility
- Driving the overall strategic agenda and performance management of the Business Unit
- Drive, challenge and follow up the financial and operational performance in Primary Production
- Run the Primary Production improvement agenda and initiate projects to improve financial performance, including participation in M&A and other portfolio management activities
- Head and develop the agenda for the Finance Forum in Primary Production
- Be a core contributor to the overall finance strategy and improvement agenda in Hydro Aluminium Metal
- 5-10 years of relevant experience, preferably also with exposure from business- and industry analysis or business controlling environment as part of career
- Industrial experience is an advantage, but candidates from other type of businesses will also be considered
- Strong capabilities and experience in developing strategic opportunities and implementing larger improvement initiatives
- Highly structured and strong capabilities in organizing, coordinating and communicating processes with many and diverse stakeholders
- Solid educational level, preferably on Master's degree level
- Strong curiosity, drive andexecution capabilities
- Excellent Norwegian and English proficiency
To succeed and thrive in this position, we believe you are a person with strong analytical skills, solid business and financial understanding, as well as excellent communication and social skills. You should be well structured and be motivated by driving and supporting a comprehensive improvement agenda in a dynamic and global business environment.
The position is based in Oslo, but other locations might be considered.
Only applications received through our online system will be considered.
As a part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Apply before: 11.04.2021
If you have any questions, please contact:
Ola Sæter, Head of Primary Production
Phone: +47 908 37 878
Phone: +47 416 17 458