Clarksons is the world’s leading provider of integrated shipping and offshore services, bringing our connections and experience to an international client base. Our intelligence adds value by enabling clients to make more efficient and informed decisions. Our global reach, local knowledge and expertise is what makes us unique.
To understand more about day to day life at Clarksons, and what you can expect from us as an employer, visit us at www.clarksons.com
We have an exiting opportunity for an experienced, highly motivated and dynamic Operator to join our Tankers team in Oslo. You will be required to liaise with brokers, counterparties, owners and charterers throughout the voyage.
What you will be doing
- Undertake day-to-day responsibility of all vessel operational matters.
- Liaise with brokers / counterparties / owners / charterers with regards to operational matters on ships and / or cargo.
- Provide post fixture operations, managing shipments from the point of fixture until completion of the voyage.
- Monitor voyage orders and vessel itineraries, ensuring vessels meet contractual obligations, and deal with vessel documentation as instructed.
- Check recaps / time charter parties.
- Input and update relevant data on voyage sheets.
- Ensure any declarations are noted and diarised.
- Communicate declarations with clients prior to expiration.
- Chase for and check load / discharge / proceeding orders.
- Follow up on and log load port documentation.
- Ensure LOI’s are issued timely.
- Manage and check demurrage claims and closely observe relevant time bars as well as provide guidance to key customers as and when required.
- Provide regular and timely updates to customers and offer advice and guidance to owners and charterers in order to resolve and prevent disputes.
- Check freight / hire invoices, ensuring they are issued on time.
- Issue notice on completion of voyage to owners.
- Advise clients if any claims time bar clause applicable per charter party.
- Liaise with accounts team with regards to issuance of commissions invoice.
- Close voyage data sheet.
- Analyse and provide solutions to any issues faced by clients/ships/cargoes.
- Invoicing for Sale & Purchase and Newbuilding
What we are looking for
- Experienced in post-fixture operations
- Experience within a shipping company and/or shipping department of Trading Company
- Knowledge of shipping practices
- Ability to understand recaps and charter parties, clauses for voyage and time-charter vessels
- Good understanding of world scale and able to make calculations pertaining to world scale freight calculations
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written, and able to build strong relationships and collaborate and liaise with internal departments
- Fluent in English
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills, able to work well under pressure
- Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible and reliable, with ability to work well under pressure
- Self-driven with a strong work ethic
- Positive outlook with a can-do attitude
- Good knowledge in MS office (word, excel, powerpoint)
Start up date: promptly or by arrangement.
To apply, send your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org before 26th of March 2021.
All inquiries and applications will be treated confidentially.