Do you want to be a part of the green future? Circa Group is seeking CFO
CIRCA GROUP IS CONVERTING WASTE BIOMASS INTO ADVANCED BIOCHEMICAL MATERIALS.
The company has recently reorganized the company’s legal structure, relocated part of the headquarter functions from Australia to Norway and listed the company on Euronext Growth. Circa Group AS is now looking for their new CFO a key role to contribute to the realization on Circa’s highly attractive growth plans.
Circa is a biotechnology company that has spent 15 years and five pilots to develop and patent the first scalable LGO production process. LGO is a platform biomolecule used in production of pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, batteries, graphene, polymers and more. Cyrene is Circa’s first commercial scale biochemical produced from LGO, replacing toxic and fossil-based solvents like NMP and DMF. Circa has received the EU Flagship Grant to support construction of a 1,000 tonnes plant in France.
The CFO is part of the management of the company and reports to the CEO. As part of the company's management, the CFO will actively contribute to developing and realizing Circa's strategy, goals, and business model. The CFO has the following responsibilities and main tasks:
• The company's finance function and ensure that the accounting and financial reporting processes are carried out with high quality
• The groups reporting to financial markets; through quarterly and annual reporting including communication and regular meetings with investors and analysts
• Management and project reporting and ensuring that the reporting meets the needs of owners, the board, and the CEO
• Implementation of and compliance with Circa’s IR Policy, as well as compliance with the rules and regulations of Euronext
• Ensure good internal control and good business practices
• Ensure that the business is developed and monitored with relevant KPIs, and the company's financial position and optimal financing of the group
• Initiate and implement operational improvements, including contributing to a good business understanding, spirit of commitment and focus on results among the company's employees
• Dialogue with relevant authorities
Experience from a similar position with responsibility for the finance function and experience from operations, project development and manufacturing plant construction.
• Relevant higher university education, e.g., Master of Auditing and Accounting
• Experience in specialty product manufacturing and marketing organisations.
• Experience and understanding of environmental and carbon accounting.
• Experience of acting as CEO's sparring partner in strategic and commercial issues that are important for the company's development.
• Experience of reporting internally to BoD, management and externally to market / investors and stock exchange
• Experience in implementing a manufacturing ERP system
• Good written and oral presentation skills in Norwegian and English. French will be an advantage.
Position will be based in Oslo but travelling will be required.
To apply, send your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org before 7th of April 2021. Please include “Circa” in the subject line of your email.
For further information please contact Kjetil Haug-Nodeland, phone +47 911 67 703 or Anne Frøyland, Phone +47 901 28 595 in Boyden Executive Search.