Want to join Scatec as a Group Financial Controller?
Scatec is a leading integrated independent renewable power producer, delivering affordable, rapidly deployable and sustainable clean energy worldwide. As a long- term player, Scatec develops, builds, owns, operates and maintains power plants across emerging markets. With an established global presence and a significant project pipeline, the company is targeting a capacity of 4.5 GW in operation and under construction by end of 2021. We are present in the Americas, Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East and are headquartered in Oslo, Norway. We are listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol ‘SCATC’.
Want to join a frontrunner in renewable energy that is actively seeking early entry into new markets globally? Since the establishment in 2007, Scatec has acquired extensive knowledge and experience in developing, building and operating solar power plants and we continue to deepen our market position and broaden our offerings. Driven by our company values and competent global workforce, we aim to deliver competitive and sustainable renewable energy globally; protect our environment and improve quality of life through innovative integration of technology; and create shareholder value. We are present in four continents and are headquartered in Oslo, Norway.
Main purpose of position
Currently we are looking for a Group Financial Controller to be based in either Oslo or our Amsterdam Office (optional) to be part of our global team working together towards our vision – Improving our future. The role is responsible for supporting in financial controlling, and consolidation of a portfolio of subsidiaries. This is a challenging, hands-on, dynamic and wide-ranging role covering areas such as external and internal financial reporting, consolidation, process improvements, analysis of financial data, follow-up and support of subsidiary finance teams and support the group budget process. As Group Financial Controller you will be part of an energetic and international team and will cooperate closely with Scatec’s global organisation. The position is a key resource in the Finance team and will report to the Financial Controlling Manager.
- have responsibility for the QA and consolidation of a portfolio of subsidiaries. This includes to support and ensure progress on various business, accounting and reporting issues as they emerge in the subsidiaries.
- participate and play an active role in the consolidation process
- contribute in developing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to Management, Board of Directors and the Oslo Stock Exchange
- initiate and take lead on projects related to the development, structure and improvement of the group’s financial reporting processes
- provide accounting support and related advice and assistance to subsidiaries
- contribute with ad-hoc analysis of financial data and decision-making support to Management
- responsible for parts of the groups budget and forecast process
- assessment of complex accounting matters
- maintain and develop group policies and internal control within Finance
- analysis and decision-making support
- higher education within finance/accounting
- 3-5 years experience from Big Four audit companies or relevant work experience from an international environment
- IFRS knowledge
- fluent in English, both written and orally
- you enjoy challenging tasks, taking on new responsibilities and are a self-starter
- you are hands on, operational and enjoy handling a wide set of tasks in a dynamic and diverse cultural environment
- entrepreneurial self-motivated and able to independently drive projects
- you communicate well, build strong relationships and have commercial acumen
- you can meet deadlines and are self-driven
- flexible and adaptable with a “can-do” attitude
- ability to work well under pressure, are used to changing environments and to quickly meet new challenges
Scatec is an exciting, innovative and ambitious company operating in a growing industry. We offer a challenging and interesting position where you will be part of a flexible, diverse and truly international working environment consisting of highly competent and committed colleagues with a positive drive to make a difference. It is part of every employees’ terms of reference to contribute to Scatec's vision: Improving our Future and adhere to our company values which are:
- Driving results
- Working together
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact Mona Gabrielsen, on mobile +47 917 46 917 or email email@example.com. According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.