FREY’s mission is to accelerate the decarbonization of all transportation and energy systems by delivering the world’s cleanest and most cost-effective batteries.
In January 2021, FREYR announced a business combination agreement with Alussa Energy Acquisition Corp. Upon closing in second quarter 2021, the combined company will be renamed “FREYR Battery” and be listed on the New York Stock Exchange. FREYR is expected to receive approximately $850 million in equity proceeds as a part of the business combination, enabling the company to accelerate the development of up to 43 GWh of clean battery cell manufacturing capacity in Norway by 2025. The facilities will be located in Mo i Rana, Northern Norway.
FREYR will supply high energy density and cost competitive clean battery cells to the rapidly growing global markets for electric vehicles, energy storage, and marine applications.
Corporate HQ is located at Lysaker, Norway. For more information, please visit www.freyrbattery.com.
- oversee, coordinate and supervise the daily operations of the accounting department
- plan and follow up the monthly financial closing process, including provisions, reconciliations and reporting
- design and perform key controls of the Financial Statement Close Process and other processes in a SOX environment
- participate in strategic financial projects, including the implementation of new ERP system
- overall finance responsible for an efficient set up and use of the accounting system, including maintenance, development and training
- prepare/co-ordinate annual statutory financial statements and tax returns
- key resource on challenging accounting issues
- collaborate with external auditors to ensure an efficient audit process
- other fiscal reporting requirements
- ad hoc tasks and projects
- master's degree in Accounting, Business or other Finance related subject
- minimum 5 years’ experience from relevant position, preferably from an international company/group and/or big 4 audit firm
- excellent knowledge of accounting, accounting standards and tax
- strong interest in IT and system development to improve finance and accounting processes and reporting; SAP experience is an advantage
- fluent English, both verbally and written
- entrepreneurial mindset that thrives in a start-up environment
- responsible, self-driven and structured
- strong communication skills
- able to work effectively as part of a team
We offer the right candidate an important role in a company developing Norway's first battery cell production facilities. Energy storage is an important key to the world's switch to a sustainable, green economy. FREYR is a frontrunner in Europe's rush to build capacity in battery production and we plan to move fast. With us you will learn a lot and a lot will be expected of you. We aim to pick high performers that will slot in immediately. We offer competitive terms and conditions.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.