Industry leader in Ocean Bottom Seismic seeking Senior Accountant
Magseis Fairfield is the global leading provider of ocean bottom seismic (OBS) technology and data acquisition projects. The company has a flexible business model with full scale node operations, as well as lease and sale models. The Marine Autonomous Seismic System 'MASS' nodes and the range of Z-nodes combined with handling systems and source technology enables market leading deployment speed and highly cost-efficient acquisition of data with exceptional quality.
The Company is headquartered in Oslo, Norway and has offices in US, Sweden, UK, Brazil and Singapore.
Magseis Fairfield is looking to recruit a skilled and motivated Senior Accountant, that will continue to develop the accounting function into a forward-looking department. As senior accountant you will have an important role in the team coordinating and ensuring accurate and timely booking and reporting of financial and accounting figures. You will also have a unique opportunity to set your footprint in forming the department. The Group has recently implemented Oracle ERP system (Cloud) and the Senior Accountant will be an important contributor to process development and continuously improving efficiency within the accounting department. This role reports to the Accounting Manager.
- coordinate daily operations of the accounting department
- follow up of monthly financial closing process, including provisions, reconciliations and reporting
- comply with timetable and reporting requirements for group reporting purposes
- establish and follow up of internal controls
- maintenance of accounting system, ensure efficient use of system throughout the organisation and be a support for operations
- identify and process day-to-day accounting issues
- prepare documentation to external auditors for interim and annual audit
- other fiscal reporting requirements
- other ad hoc tasks and projects
Desired background and qualifications:
- College or University degree in Accounting, Business or other Finance related subject
- 3-5 years’ experience from relevant position, preferably from an international company/group
- solid knowledge and experience with accounting
- interest in IT and system development to improve finance and accounting processes and reporting
- high degree of communications skills, fluent in English both written and verbal
Desired personal skills:
- self-driven and resourceful
- flexible and motivated by working towards continuous improvement
- customer driven, i.e. understand the needs of end user, including internal customers
- positive and team-oriented mindset
- structured and attention to details
- unique opportunity to help shape the accounting function for the future
- an interesting and developing position, both professionally and personally
- highly motivated and skilled co-workers
- competitive terms and conditions
- nice offices along the seafront just outside Oslo, 5 minute walk from the train/bus station at Lysaker
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact Nora Lundstrøm, Advisor at FinancePeople, on mobile 482 71 203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially, and all applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis.