Industry leader in Ocean Bottom Seismic seeking Financial Controller
Magseis Fairfield is the global leading provider of ocean bottom seismic (OBS) technology and data acquisition projects. The company has a flexible business model with full scale node operations, as well as lease and sale models. The Marine Autonomous Seismic System 'MASS' nodes and the range of Z-nodes combined with handling systems and source technology enables market leading deployment speed and highly cost-efficient acquisition of data with exceptional quality.
The Company is headquartered in Oslo, Norway and has offices in US, Sweden, UK, Brazil and Singapore.
Magseis Fairfield is looking to recruit a skilled and motivated Financial Controller.
As a Financial Controller you will have an important role and a unique opportunity to set your footprint in developing controlling activities, forecast and budgeting through close cooperation with the Operations and the efficient use of the new ERP-system. The Group has recently implemented Oracle ERP system (Cloud) and the Financial Controller will be an important contributor to process development and continuously improving efficiency within the accounting/controlling department. You will report to the Financial Reporting Manager.
- perform analysis of projects, both internal and external, cost and performance, including preparation of internal and external reporting
- participate in budgeting and forecasting processes
- follow up of overhead costs against budget/forecast
- follow up of fixed assets and inventory against budget/forecast
- provide financial analyses as needed
- other ad hoc tasks and projects
Desired background and qualifications:
- College or University degree in Accounting, Business or other Finance related subject
- 2-4 years’ experience from relevant position
- good understanding of accounting
- interest in IT and system development to improve finance processes and reporting
- fluent in English, both written and verbal
Desired personal skills:
- systematic and organized
- self-driven, independent and resourceful
- flexible and motivated by working towards continuous improvement
- customer driven, i.e. understand the needs of end user, including internal customers
- positive and team-oriented mindset
- high degree of communications skills, allowing holder to communicate with both senior professionals and non-finance professionals
- a unique opportunity to help shape the controlling function for the future
- an interesting and developing position, both professionally and personally
- highly motivated and skilled co-workers
- competitive terms and conditions
- nice offices along the seafront just outside Oslo, 5 minute walk from the train/bus station at Lysaker
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact Henriette Kjærås Aaberg, Partner at FinancePeople, on mobile 976 15 226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially, and all applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis.