Magseis Fairfield is the global leading provider of ocean bottom seismic (OBS) technology and data acquisition projects. The company has a flexible business model with full scale node operations, as well as lease and sale models. The Marine Autonomous Seismic System 'MASS' nodes and the range of Z-nodes combined with handling systems and source technology enables market leading deployment speed and highly cost-efficient acquisition of data with exceptional quality.
The Company is headquartered in Oslo, Norway and has offices in US, Sweden, UK, Brazil and Singapore. Magseis Fairfeld ASA is listed at the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Magseis Fairfield is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Financial Reporting Manager to join their team in Oslo. The main responsibility will be to ensure timely and accurate delivery of internal and external financial reporting for the Group. The right candidate has an interest in IT and system development to improve accounting and reporting processes. The role reports to Group Finance Director.
- oversee daily operations of the accounting department, including responsibility for two direct reports
- internal and external financial reporting, including planning and analysis
- prepare interim and annual consolidated financial statements and notes in accordance with IFRS
- assessment of complex accounting and IFRS matters, including preparation of accounting memos
- follow up foreign subsidiaries and support local accounting teams
- coordinate group audit
- develop, establish and maintain group policies and internal controls over financial reporting
- other ad hoc tasks and projects
- master's degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- minimum 5 years’ experience from similar position or auditing
- strong understanding of accounting and IFRS
- high interest in IT and system development to further improve accounting and reporting processes fluent in English, both written and verbal
- experience from publicly listed company, either operational or from auditing
- systematic and organized
- self-driven, independent and hands-on
- flexible and motivated by working towards continuous improvement
- positive and team-oriented mindset
- strong communications skills towards both senior professionals and non-finance professionals
- a unique opportunity to help shape the finance function for the future
- challenging tasks in a highly professional and international environment in the world's leading ocean bottom seismic technology company
- high degree of personal development and responsibility
- competitive terms and conditions
- nice offices along the seafront just outside Oslo, 5-minute walk from the train/bus station at Lysaker
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact Svenn-Erik Warholm on 917 37 272 / email@example.com or Henriette Kjærås Aaberg on 976 15 226 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially, and all applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis.