Aker ASA is an industrial investment company that combines active ownership, industrial expertise, M&A and capital allocation to create value. Aker’s ownership interests are concentrated in the oil and gas, maritime assets, marine biotechnology sectors, industrial software and in renewable energy and green technologies. Aker’s ownership include Aker Horizons, Aker BP, Aker Solutions, Akastor, Ocean Yield, Aker BioMarine, Cognite and Aker Energy, in addition to financial investments.
Aker is seeking an ambitious, hard-working Investment Associate with a strong quantitative background from corporate finance or management consulting. You will be part of Aker’s Investment Team, and be a dedicated resource in all phases of the investment cycle; from investment assessment and decision, due diligence and transaction execution, to strategic, operational and financial development of investments.
- valuation and financial modelling
- prepare documentation/presentations for investment decisions to Management and Board
- assessment of investment opportunities
- participate in M&A processes and strategy work
Desired background and qualifications:
- an excellent academic record from a leading institution, preferable a MSc
- 1-3 years of relevant experience from corporate finance or management consulting
- exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- experience in analyzing and modelling cash flows
- strong Microsoft Office skills
- fluent in English and Norwegian
Desired personal skills:
- analytical and commercial mindset
- ability to work both independently and as a productive member of transaction teams
- drive and passion for investing and value creation
- highly motivated, pro-active, assertive and driven, yet humble
- strong communication and interpersonal skills
For the right candidate we can offer a challenging position in a dynamic and professional environment. This will be a great opportunity to gain experience within the entire investment cycle.
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact John Ola Solheim, Senior Advisor at FinancePeople, on mobile 909 91 137 or email email@example.com, or André Herlofsen, Partner at FinancePeople, at +47 934 80 266/email: firstname.lastname@example.org. According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially, and all applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis.