Heimstaden seeks Director of Risk Management
Heimstaden is a leading real estate company in Europe, with a focus on acquiring, refining, developing, and managing housing and premises. Currently our portfolio consists of 100,000+ properties in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Czech Republic, Netherlands, and Germany with a total gross asset value of SEK 145 billion. Every day our approximately 1200 people create value for our owners and friendly homes for our tenants guided by our values of CARE, DARE, SHARE.
We are expanding and are now hiring an experienced Director of Risk Management for a newly established role. The right candidate will play an instrumental role in building and implementing a risk and compliance function within our corporate structure. In order to succeed in this role, you need the ability to coordinate and communicate effectively across our European operations and thrive within our high-growth environment. The role reports to CFO.
- designing and implementing an overall risk management framework and process for Heimstaden, which includes an analysis of operational, financial, and other non-financial risk exposure for the company
- guide the implementation of a GRC platform that focuses on operational risk management in coordination with our digital team
- lead our risk identification, risk assignment, and risk control processes that include operational risk management coordination with each country
- support our financial risk management processes and ensure compliance with our financial policies in coordination with the Treasury and the CFO teams
- performing risk evaluations that include evaluating the company’s previous handling of risks, and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the company such as costs and legal requirements
- regular risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience. (i.e. educating the board of directors about the most significant risks to the business; ensuring business heads understand and control risks that might affect portfolios)
- establish overall operational risk limits and operational risk exposure thresholds
- preparing risk management budgets
- leadership in the creation of business continuity plans and scenario planning
- conducting policy and compliance audits
- building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the company
- build and manage a team of risk management analysts (projected to be 3 including director)
- higher education within risk management, business & administration or finance
- minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience from similar role or auditing
- experience from implementing and managing GRC platforms
- operational risk management experience from real estate or hotel business is an advantage
- strong knowledge of IT systems
- fluent in English, written and orally
- entrepreneurial mindset
- structured and documented work method
- strong analytical disposition
- able to work effectively as part of a team
- strong communication skills
a challenging position in a company with high growth ambitions
- personal growth and development for the right candidate
- an exciting working environment
- competitive terms
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact André Herlofsen on 934 80 firstname.lastname@example.org or Svenn-Erik Warholm on 917 37 email@example.com
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact persons listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.