PRA Group (Nasdaq: PRAA) is a world leader in acquiring non-performing consumer debt.
PRA Group is an integral part of the financial receivables lifecycle. We return capital to global financial services companies, strengthening their ability to lend and more attractively price credit for consumers. Over more than 20 years, we have developed longstanding relationships with many of the largest consumer lenders in North America and Europe.
Over the past 20 years, PRA, through its subsidiaries, has grown to become one of the largest debt buyers in the world, with more than 5,000 employees in 16 countries throughout the Americas and Europe.
PRA Group Europe is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. It is one of the largest investors in non- performing credit portfolios in Europe.
For more information about PRA Group, please visit: www.pragroup.com
PRA Group Europe is searching for a Senior Tax Manager who will be part of the Global Tax Provision Team with dedicated responsibility for the Europe region. You will work closely with the Tax Team in both Europe and US and assist European Chief Group Accountant. Furthermore, you will have an important role in advising Finance Managers in the portfolio companies on tax related issues. The position reports to Global Tax Controller in the US.
- serve as the primary reviewer of the quarterly European tax provision, including the effective tax rate calculation and the reconciliation of the tax accounts
- assist the Global Tax Controller & European Chief Group Accountant with identifying timing differences based on US GAAP standards
- serve as a liaison to address audit inquiries from European based internal and external auditors
- develop a strategy to implement tax provision process improvement initiatives in partnership with European tax and financed based personnel
- partner with tax planning and strategy tax team members to identify impacts on the tax provision calculation
- higher degree within finance
- minimum 7 years of tax accounting and compliance experience from a Big 4 and/or relevant industry
- experience from international companies
- knowledge of international accounting standards, including USGAAP or IFRS
- prior experience with external auditors and the ability to manage audit request
- experience from process improvement
- demonstrated ability to manage and develop a team
- strong Excel skills along with an understanding of tax provision processes and/or systems
- fluent in English, both written and spoken
- strong analytical skills and a strategic thinker
- exceptional communication skills
- self-starter with strong project management skills
- good business acumen
- high social and intercultural competence
- flexible and adoptable with a "can-do" attitude
PRA Group is an exiting and ambitious company operating in a growing industry. We offer a challenging and interesting position where you will be part of a flexible and truly international working environment consisting of highly competent and committed colleagues. We also offer a competitive remuneration package and we are located in modern offices at Bjørvika. The position will be based in Oslo.
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact Henriette Kjærås Aaberg (+47 97615226 / Henriette.email@example.com). According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis