Tax Controller for long term assignment
FinancePeople AS er et spesialisert rekrutterings- og konsulentselskap innenfor økonomi, regnskap og finans. Våre rådgivere er økonomer med relevant erfaring innenfor våre fokusområder. Gjennom våre prosesser vektlegger vi høy kvalitet og verdiskaping - både for våre kunder og kandidater. For mer informasjon, se vår hjemmeside www.financepeople.no.
For our international client within the financial industry we are currently looking for a Tax Controller for approximately 12 months maternity leave assignment.
Your main responsibility is to participate in the international tax provision process in accordance with US GAAP. You will work closely with the tax team in both Europe and USA, and the position reports to Chief Group Accountant Europe, once a new senior Tax Manager Europe has been recruited and is in place you will report to him/her.
- preparation of the foreign tax provision packages in accordance with US GAAP in cooperation with US tax team and local European Finance Managers
- preparation and assistance to the US tax team in the documentation of the projected ETR calculation and various reconciliations for the quarterly tax provisions
- participate in local tax return review
- participate in foreign entities’ tax compliance
- ensure key controls are performed as outlined in the corporate SOX compliance documentation
- research tax issues as needed in order to perform job responsibilities
- participate on European Transfer Pricing documentation work
- assist with nonrecurring tax projects as needed including, but not limited to: correspondence with taxing authorities, responding to internal and external tax inquiries
- accounting or finance degree
- 2-4 years of relevant experience within tax, controlling or auditing
- understanding of accounting principles and a strong interest in the field of tax
- good knowledge of IT systems and Excel
- fluent in English, both written and orally
- structured and able to work effectively as part of a team both locally and across borders
- responsible and manage tasks through to completion
- an analytical, flexible and service-minded attitude
- good communication skills
Start up early September will ensure some overlap with current Tax Manager before she starts her maternity leave. The office is centrally located in Oslo.
For further information regarding the position and how to apply, please contact Ottar Grindheim, direct line +47 91 11 03 21 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Nora Lundstrøm, direct line +47 48 27 12 03/ email: email@example.com.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially, and all applications will be processed on a continuous basis.