Financial Controller for a Newly Established Role in Promenaden Management
The Promenaden Portfolio is a joint venture consisting of eleven high street retail assets and two department stores located in the heart of Oslo’s premier shopping district around Karl Johans Gate, the main shopping street in the historic city centre of Oslo. Luxury retailers, including Gucci and Hermès, are located on the adjacent street Nedre Slottsgate. The portfolio has a strong business plan that needs to be executed in the coming years across the portfolio. This is a great opportunity to work with a large London based Investment manager, being part of the Norwegian finance team, which manages a world class portfolio of assets and deliver value and structure with the team.
We are expanding and are now hiring a Financial Controller for a newly established role. The role will be a member of the Portfolio Finance Team. Supporting the portfolio CFO, this individual will be a key member of the finance function, supporting stakeholder management for all accounting and compliance matters of the portfolio. The finance function includes an inhouse team as well as external service providers. The portfolio has a large institutional stakeholder which requires timely and accurate information.
The role will cover supporting the delivery to the stakeholders, but also utilising advisors on an as-needed basis, such as tax, accounting, legal etc.
- meet any operational reporting needs of the JV
- support delivery of the quarterly and annual financial reporting (IFRS and NGAAP) as required under statutory, tax, asset management, and joint venture reporting in accordance with the relevant timetables
- monthly budget to actual analysis
- support the annual business planning process and deliver (with the team) a full consolidated and property budget to the joint venture
- support the delivery of financial controls in the business
- work with the consultants on the development projects to manage costs vs. budget
- deliver on the cash controls required to operate the business
- liaise with the contract team to understand and escalate to the leadership team
- collection of all rent elements, service charge, marketing charge
- annual reconciliation of the service charge, marketing and turnover
- management of accounts receivable, escalation as appropriate with bad debt
- support Compliance Officer to identify and manage compliance with all tax related matters, structure maintenance, audit, accounts filing etc.
- higher education within finance or accounting
- 2-5 years from a similar position or auditing, experience within real estate is an advantage
- IFRS knowledge and/or interest
- good knowledge of IT systems and MS Excel
- fluent in Norwegian and English, written and orally
- structured and documented work method
- responsible and manage tasks through to completion
- take a proactive approach
- able to work effectively as part of a team
- good communication skills
- a challenging position in a company with high growth ambitions
- personal growth and development for the right candidate
- an exciting working environment
- competitive terms
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact John Ola Solheim, Senior Advisor at FinancePeople, on mobile 909 91 137 or email email@example.com.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Due to summer holidays applications will be reviewed in August.