Accountant to market leader in shipping
Wallenius Wilhelmsen is a 160-year-old start-up, aiming for zero-emission shipping and logistics solutions. We are a market leader in RoRo (Roll on Roll off) shipping and vehicle logistics, and our job is to connect and expand sustainable world trade, with assets and services that take care of everything from the procurement of materials through to products reaching the end customer. At sea, we have more than 130 vessels operating 15 trade routes across six continents, together with a global inland distribution network, more than 66 processing centers, and 8 terminals. Our global family consists of 9500 people across 28 countries that are working on vessels and at ports, processing centers, and offices.
The Accounting and Financial Control team in Oslo is looking for a highly motivated team member for an Accountant position. This role will support the Oslo and Stockholm accounting teams with general accounting tasks, monthly financial closing processes and group reporting. The Accountant will also contribute to implementation and maintenance of internal control guidelines and policies while assuring alignment with group policies and IFRS.
The ideal candidate is service minded with a drive for learning. We can offer a fantastic workplace with colleagues from around the world, and a position with a potential for further development.
This position reports to the Manager Accounting and Financial Control – Norway, located in Oslo.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- prepare and post journal entries and reconciliations according to IFRS standards
- monthly reporting towards group and local management, as well as into the group consolidation system - One Stream
- implement and follow group internal control policies
- coordinate with Shared Service centers to ensure accurate reporting
- continuous improvement of routines and procedures
- ad-hoc financial tasks
- orientate manager to ensure full alignment on goals, outstanding items, challenges, etc.
- higher education within accounting – Bachelor/Master’s degree in accounting or audit
- preferably experience from accounting/auditing, but graduates with part time experience are also encouraged to apply
- knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and Norwegian GAAP is an advantage
- ability to analyze data in a logical manner
- fluent in written and oral English
- knowledge of Norwegian is an advantage
- strong communication skills with an awareness of different cultures
- ability to work on own initiative and in a team
- service minded and proactive
What will you get from working with us?
- varied responsibilities, challenging tasks, and development in a truly global company
- competitive terms of employment and good benefit schemes
- social activities, access to company cabins and other benefits
Our office is located a short walking distance from the Lysaker, Norway train station. Potential candidates for the Stockholm office are also encouraged to apply.
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen Group is an equal opportunity employer that strongly believes in diversity and a value driven culture. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a global company with colleagues and stakeholders from different cultures and countries and where English is the working language. Our values we live by: Speed, Courage, Trust, Imagination & Candor.
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact Andreas Kleiven, Senior Advisor at FinancePeople, at 948 87 566 or email email@example.com.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad. All inquiries will be treated confidentially, and all applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.