FREYR aims to provide industrial scale clean battery solutions to reduce global emissions. Listed on the New York Stock Exchange, FREYR’s mission is to produce green battery cells to accelerate the decarbonization of energy and transportation systems globally.
FREYR has commenced building the first of its planned gigafactories in Mo i Rana, Norway and announced development of industrial scale battery cell production in the United States.
Are you up for the challenge to run and develop the global accounting team for an NYSE-listed company leading the green transformation?
As our Global Accounting Director, you will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the accounting team. The right candidate has strong leadership skills and solid understanding of accounting, tax, internal controls, financial systems and reporting requirements. Further, if you thrive in a fast-paced, international business environment where you learn something new every day, you might be the one we are looking for.
The role is based in Lysaker, Norway and reports to the SVP Financial Controlling.
In this role you will get to:
- Lead, co-ordinate and supervise the daily operations of the accounting department, with resources in different locations/jurisdictions (5 direct reports)
- Ensure efficient set up and use of the financial ERP system, including maintenance, development and training, including co-ordinating with other relevant functions
- Plan and follow up the monthly financial closing process, including provisions, reconciliations and reporting
- Design, develop and perform key controls of the Financial Statement Close Process and other processes in a SOX environment
- Oversee annual statutory financial statements, tax returns and other statutory filings
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure an efficient audit process
To succeed in this role, we believe you have:
- Master's degree in Accounting, Business or other Finance related subject
- Minimum 10 years’ experience from audit and/or accounting-related positions in international companies
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Significant work experience in all key areas of accounting, including systems and processes, accounting standards, compliance and tax
- Strong interest, and experience from active participation, in IT and system development to improve finance and accounting processes and reporting (SAP experience is an advantage)
- Fluent English, both verbally and written
We would also love to see:
- Experience from building and developing an accounting team
- Attracted by the idea of working in a scale-up
- Exposure to complex industrial companies
If this sounds like you, please apply today and join us in contributing to a greener future!
Please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact Svenn-Erik Warholm on 917 37 firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Har du lyst på nye utfordringer som Prosjekt Cont…
Conscia Norge AS
Er du analytisk og forretningsorientert? Vi er på…
Multiconsult Norge AS
Ønsker du å jobbe med økonomisk analyse og finans…
Vil du være med å sikre god internkontroll i Norg…
DnB Bank ASA
Regnskapsfører til Arne Blystad AS
Arne Blystad AS