Bane NOR is a state-owned company responsible for the national railway infrastructure.
Bane NOR's mission is to ensure accessible railway infrastructure and efficient and user-friendly services, including the development of hubs and goods terminals. The company is responsible for the planning, development, administration, operation and maintenance of the national railway network, traffic management and administration and development of railway property. Bane NOR has operational coordination responsibility for safety work and operational responsibility for the coordination of emergency preparedness and crisis management.
Bane NOR has approximately 3,500 employees and the head office is based in Oslo, Norway.
Would you like to join an ambitious community of Rail Infrastructure Managers to develop our market footprint and customer portfolio?
Within the catchment area of ScanMed, rail freight is covering 25 % of the total border crossing volumes. Driven by factors such as rising road fees, higher fuel costs, EU policies preferring rail over road and the green shift, there is a great growth potential for rail freight.
Together with freight forwarders, industry actors and the infrastructure managers of Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Austria and Italy, you will have a key role in exploring and realising that potential.
- Your main responsibility will be to ensure additional rail freight volumes within ScanMed
- You will be part of a Corridor team of four to five people organised as a network in the Corridor countries and report to the Managing Director, who is currently based in Rome. Due to the small, interactively organised team, all team members must also take their share of administrative work.
- You will be performing market prospection and market analysis for international rail freight
- You will initiate, implement and develop customer market and communication and dialogue, incl. IT systems, direct contact, fairs and customer events
- You will assist customers in accessing relevant rail services
- You have 3 to 5 years' experience in market prospection and marketing in a European environment, in the transport industry, preferably in logistics
- You have an education at the level of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Extensive experience may compensate for lack of higher education
- You have basic knowledge of market analysis/transport modelling methods
- You have knowledge of one or several rail freight markets covered by ScanMed RFC
- You can think at both strategic and analytical level, and act in a political environment with different stakeholders and crossing agendas
- You combine self-initiative and team-playing spirit
- You feel comfortable in a creative, multi-cultural, virtually organised working environment
- Your English is excellent in writing and speaking.
- Proficiency in Norwegian, Swedish or Danish is required. Knowledge of German or Italian will be considered an asset.
- A great opportunity to pave a new path and to set your personal footprint
- An entry point to seven rail infrastructure managers and market-leaders among their customers
- A full-time position
You will be employed by Bane NOR SF, however you will work full time for the corridor. Extensive travel is to be expected.
Have we triggered your interest? Send us your CV as well as a one-pager summarising your motivations!