Want to have an important role in Elopak, focusing on providing high quality financial reporting?
Attracted by the possibility to be responsible for financial reporting in a truly sustainable company operating globally?
Elopak is a Norwegian company, working globally with customers in more than 70 countries. The company was listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange in June 2021. Ferd, Elopak’s founder and now previous owner, is currently the largest investor. With revenues for the Group of 1 billion euro and headquartered in Oslo, the company represents uniqueness in Norwegian context.
As our existing Finance Manager is headed towards new challenges, we are now looking for a Finance Manager of Elopak ASA. This is a position that requires professional weight, and where you are exposed to varied and sometimes demanding issues. This is connected to how we are organized and which business model we have internally. Elopak ASA is involved both in the product cycle as main purchaser for European carton production and for filling machine sales globally. Furthermore, it is a company that carries out research and development and has integrated the group's internal bank. This means that as Finance Manager you will deal with product flows/production accounts, with financial instruments to secure currency and raw material exposure, etc., in the parent company as well as other business units.
We believe our new Finance Manager is business-oriented and attracted to being in a dynamic and varied environment, with a wide range of professional issues. You will be personnel responsible for a team of three colleagues, as well as ensuring optimal collaboration with, (or utilization of) associated international accounting resources. Reporting to Elopak ASA’s Director Corporate Finance & Tax.
In the process of change and development of the organization, we want to attract people that bring dynamic mindsets, curiosity, and excellence into the way we work.
Workplace of the position is flexible and will vary between our head quarter in Oslo and Spikkestad, depending on the right candidate's preferences.
An outline of key responsibilities:
- Total responsibility for the annual settlement process, including audit, tax and reporting to the authorities
- Ensure that accounts are kept and submitted in accordance with applicable accounting principles – NGAAP in company accounting, and IFRS in group reporting
- Ensure quality and timeliness in group reporting, to the group accounting department
- Ensure compliance with deadlines, including tax reporting, and contribute to good internal control
- Be point of contact for group functions for discussion of issues related to accounting, tax, duty and treasury
- Ad hoc reporting, improvement projects and assistance in issues related to the accounting area
Skills & Requirements
As our new Finance Manager, you hold a relevant master’s degree and probably 5- 10 years of experience from auditing or a similar role. Preferably including experience from one of the big 4 (5) auditing companies. Experience from a similar role in an industrial, international and/or listed company might also be advantageous. You have an in-depth understanding of accounting, used to be exposed to a variety of complex issues.
We hope further that we will benefit from your Excel-skills and insight into the use of technology and systems for optimizing accounting processes. SAP knowledge is an advantage, but not a “must requirement”.
Excellent oral and written English language skills is a prerequisite to succeed in the role.
We appreciate if you can be characterized by most of the following attributes:
- A genuine interest and familiar with operating in complex environments, experience from having been exposed to a variety of complicated issues.
- Ability to provide structure and clarity in an integrated business environment
- Accurate, structured and results driven, motivated by delivering high quality material to support all areas of business in Elopak.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, combined with an ability to convey complex topics in a simple and confident manner
- Analytical mindset, result-oriented and performance driven mindset
- Positive collaborative attitude and good listening skills
- International perspective and interest in global business; respect and sensitivity towards cultural differences and the ability to understand individual businesses and local challenges
- Sets high quality standards, and works in an efficient, systematic, methodical, and orderly way
Why choose Elopak and this opportunity?
- ABILITY TO INFLUENCE. A key leadership position – responsible for Finance in a company newly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange, operating in more than 40 countries and that actively works to protect the environment by developing sustainable products
- EMPOWERMENT AND FREEDOM TO CREATE YOUR JOB. Want to have a job where you are empowered to make decisions and regard your job as an entrepreneur? Elopak is a great place for those who want to change, move, and create.
- GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT. Intrigued by being part of a truly global environment where you can collaborate with colleagues from all over the world?
- BE SUCCESSFUL AND EXPLORE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES. If you have the competence, integrity, a global mindset, and the desire to make a difference, you have every opportunity to be successful in Elopak, including opportunities for international career development.
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Excited by an organization where you can influence by your work and make a notable difference that will accelerate our learning and growth?
- PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT. Motivated by being part of a company that actively works to protect the environment by developing sustainable products?
KONTAKT Frode Bjørnæs, Managing Partner
Mestergruppen søker proaktiv og forretningsorient…
VVS NORGE AS
Vi søker direktør for aksjeavdelingen
CORPORATE FINANCE – REAL ESTATE, ARCTIC SECURITIES
Arctic Securities AS
FinancePeople søker erfaren konsulent innenfor Su…
Head of Sales & Distribution/ Managing Director o…
Ness, Risan & Partners AS