Finance and Strategy Analyst to innovative shipping company with great ambitions
Klaveness Combination Carriers ASA (KCC) owns and operates the world’s leading fleet of combination carriers employed in the global dry cargo and product tanker trades. With its highly efficient operation and strong focus on energy efficiency, the company aims to achieve superior emissions and financial performance compared to industry standards.
KCC is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange with offices in Oslo and Singapore. Torvald Klaveness is the majority owner holding 53.8% of the shares.
Are you a person with strong analytical skills that is eager to impact decisions in an innovative shipping company with a strong track record and great ambitions?
KCC is strengthening its CFO-team with a Finance and Strategy Analyst in Oslo. The CFO-team in KCC consists of three persons and is built on solid professional skills, enthusiasm, collaboration, and a strong drive to improve and develop Klaveness Combination Carriers. You will handle a broad range of finance tasks and support the management and our commercial activities with critical insights for strategic decisions. You will attain deep knowledge into KCC’s business, the shipping markets and how to run a listed and international company. The position will report to the CFO and work directly with the CEO on strategic and project tasks.
Your responsibilities and tasks:
- Treasury, cash and working capital management:
- Follow up short-term liquidity and optimize cash spend and return on idle cash
- Responsible for financial reporting to lending banks and Nordic Trustee
- Support optimization of long-term liquidity and funding:
- Research and analysis to support evaluation of funding sources
- Maintenance of long-term financial operating model
- Follow-up of risk management reporting and mandates
- Prepare investor presentations and quarterly result presentations
- Preparation of board papers and documents for management decisions
- Financial modelling, valuation, and investment analyses
- Market research
- Data analytics, automation, and ad-hoc project work, including ESG performance
Your qualifications and experience:
- MSc. within Business, Finance, Economics or similar
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience from management consulting, banking, corporate finance, analyst roles or similar
- Strong interest in finance, shipping and business strategy
- Strong analytical and IT skills, including the full MS office suite and preferably Power BI
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
Your personal qualities:
- Proactive, with commercial drive and mind-set
- Curious and eager to learn and develop
- Structured, with an eye for details
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
What we offer:
Besides professional and personal development through hands-on responsibilities as part of an experienced and competent team with flat structure, we offer a competitive compensation package, hybrid working, modern offices, and access to an on-site gym. We have a cabin in Hafjell great for skiing, and a penthouse in Spain great for relaxing.
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions, please contact Svenn-Erik Warholm on 917 37 firstname.lastname@example.org. According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad. All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis.