Do you want a challenging role within accounting in a global frontrunner in renewable energy?
Scatec is a leading renewable power producer, delivering affordable and clean energy worldwide. As a long- term player, Scatec develops, builds, owns and operates solar, wind and hydropower plants and storage solutions. Scatec has more than 3.5 GW in operation and under construction on four continents and more than 500 employees. The company is targeting 15 GW capacity in operation or under construction by the end of 2025. Scatec is headquartered in Oslo, Norway and listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol ‘SCATC’.
Scatec is in a phase of solid growth and is looking to strengthen the accounting team with an Accountant. This is a challenging, versatile, and visible role. You will be a key resource in the team regarding more efficient use of the ERP-system MS Dynamics 365. You will also cover controlling activities like supporting the budget process, cashflow analysis and analysis during month end closing.
As an Accountant you will be a member of a highly competent accounting team of five professionals. In addition to managing specific responsibilities within accounting, reporting, tax and internal control matters for the parent company of the Group, the role is also focused on process improvement and ensuring an efficient and effective structuring of the Company’s main work processes within finance. Furthermore, the position is also providing support to all business lines on both recurring and ad hoc basis.
- Processing transactions, including invoice workflow, payments, cost allocations etc.
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting; take an active role during the month end closing
- Analysis and reconciliations of Intercompany transactions
- Monthly reconciliations of Balance Sheet and P&L accounts
- Support and execute on group treasury activities (payments of equity or shareholders loans to the subsidiaries, booking of guarantees and Biweekly liquidity overview)
- Support the Segment controllers and play an active role in the business controlling activities
- Follow-up of and communication with foreign subsidiaries
- Be responsible for the calculation of Management fee and other intercompany allocations
- Support the budget process
- External reporting (Financial Statement, tax returns, SSB etc.)
- Take a leading role in further developing the Company’s internal controls over financial reporting, including standardisation, improvements and streamlining of core processes using the key financial systems (D365, PowerBI, Cognos)
- Ad hoc internal queries and projects
- University level degree within Business Administration/Finance/Economics
- Minimum 3 -5 years relevant work experience
- Relevant experience may compensate for lack of formal education
- Experience with currency- and intercompany transactions
- Very good understanding of accounting processes and Internal Control
- Excellent system knowledge and Excel skills
- Experience with MS Dynamics 365 and PowerBI is an advantage
- Experience from Project Accounting is an advantage
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Dedicated, flexible and adaptable with a “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Organised and methodical
- Driven, always looking for ways to improve and having high aspirations for own work
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- High social and intercultural competence
Scatec is an exciting, innovative, and ambitious company operating in a growing industry. We offer a challenging and interesting position where you will be part of a flexible, diverse, and truly international working environment consisting of highly competent and committed colleagues with a positive drive to make a difference.
It is part of every employees’ terms of reference to contribute to Scatec's vision: Improving our Future and adhere to our company values which are:
- Driving results
- Working together
If you are interested in applying for the posititon please submit your CV, diplomas from higher eduaction with transcripts, motivation letter and letters of recommendation.
Partner i Askeladden & Co
Askeladden & Co
Power International søker Senior Business Control…
Power International AS
Økonomidirektør i Experis
Proactive and business-minded Financial Controlle…
Klaveness Combination Carriers ASA
Finance and Strategy Analyst to innovative shippi…
Klaveness Combination Carriers ASA