Accounting and Reporting Manager to DNO ASA
DNO ASA is Norway’s oldest oil and gas company, and our long history has taken us from the North Sea to the Middle East. The Company was founded in 1971 and is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. In 2004, DNO was the first international company to enter the Kurdistan region of Iraq and today the Company has grown to become the region’s largest international oil producer and holds operated stakes in licenses at various stages of exploration, development, and production. DNO re-entered the North Sea during 2017 through the establishment of DNO Norge AS. The Company also has licenses in the UK, the Netherlands, Ireland, and Yemen.
DNO ASA is looking for a highly skilled finance professional to lead the Group’s accounting and reporting process. The role will be responsible and owner of DNO’s IFRS accounting policies and procedures and is responsible for preparing high-quality and compliant consolidated financial statements. Further, the Group accounting and reporting function provides guidance and support to business unit finance teams in technical accounting matters as well as being a key resource on other supporting activities such as financial due diligence processes and M&As. The position reports to the Deputy CFO.
- owner of DNO Group’s IFRS policies and procedures
- responsible for group financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis in accordance with IFRS and Oslo Børs requirements
- oversee and quality assure reporting from Business Units (BU)
- responsible for assessing and reporting of technical accounting matters, hereunder preparation of accounting memos for non-routine transactions.
- present quarterly accounting issue close items to the Audit Committee
- prepare and present quarterly analytical review of consolidated figures and controlling of financial reporting from business units
- maintain and strengthen the company’s internal controls over financial reporting
- overall responsible for DNO ASA parent company accounts and the statutory financial account process and be part of the preparation of financial statements for Oslo-based subsidiaries
- key finance resource related to financial due diligence and Purchase Price Allocations (PPA)
- point of contact towards group external auditor
- line manager responsibilities
- contributor in developing finance/accounting ERP systems
- other ad-hoc projects and tasks
- master’s degree in audit and accounting or similar, preferably state authorized public accountant
- minimum 8-10 years’ experience from auditing and/or similar role, preferably from an international organization and from working in a matrix organization
- extensive knowledge and experience with IFRS and general accounting principles
- solid knowledge about general tax principles
- proven team lead experience
- solid knowledge about accounting and consolidation tools
- solid excel skills
- knowledge about oil accounting and tax theory and practice is an advantage
- fluent in business English and Norwegian
- strong analytical skills
- efficient and high work capacity to handle periodically high workload
- collaborative and team-oriented
- challenging and varied tasks in an international business environment
- competitive terms and benefits
- position will be based Aker Brygge in Oslo, but occasional travels to visit finance teams in Stavanger/Aberdeen and Dubai must be expected
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions, please contact Svenn-Erik Warholm on 917 37 email@example.com.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Due to summer holidays applications will be reviewed in August.
Vil du bli CFO for et fremtidsrettet eiendomssels…
Bulk Industrial Real Estate AS
Head of Investor Relations
CFO / VP Strategic Finance til norsk deep-tech se…
Nyopprettet lederstilling til Shared Service Cent…
Nordic Choice Shared Services AS
Er du vår nye Group Financial Controller?
Nordic Choice Hospitality Group AS