Do you want a challenging Group Accounting position within a tech focused PE company?
Verdane is a specialist growth equity investment firm that partners with tech-enabled and sustainable European businesses to help them reach the next stage of international growth. Verdane can invest as a minority or majority investor, either in single companies or through portfolios of companies, and looks to deploy behind three core themes; the Digital Consumer, Software Everywhere and Sustainable Society. Verdane funds hold close to €4bn in total commitments and have made over 135 investments in fast-growing businesses since 2003. Verdane’s team of over 100 investment professionals and operating experts, based out of Berlin, Copenhagen, Helsinki, London, Oslo and Stockholm, is dedicated to being the preferred growth partner to tech-enabled and sustainable businesses in Europe.
We are looking for an ambitious Group Accountant to join our in-house finance team. This is a new position as Verdane now establishes an in-house accounting department. The Group Accountant will work closely with the rest of the finance-team spread across Verdane’s offices in Northwestern Europe and will be an integrated part in creating a best-in-class finance organisation as the firm expands internationally.
To succeed in this position you should be analytical and pragmatic, with an eye for details and a consummate professional. As Group Accountant at Verdane, you will be responsible for accounting, financial reporting for different entities (operational and non-operational) within the Verdane Group, and support our internal and external customers. The role will also be responsible for implementing and maintaining routines and processes, and make sure that the best systems are in place. You will be part of a high-performing team at Verdane, giving yourself the chance to excel based on teamwork, your expertise, knowledge, capacity and motivation. Verdane is a growth company, and you will be able to form your own role and take part of making the organisation robust for the future.
- Monthly and annual reporting; take an active role during the month end closing
- Analysis and reconciliations of intercompany transactions
- Monthly reconciliations of Balance Sheet and P&L accounts
- Annual reporting including financial statements
- Processing transactions, including invoice workflow, payments and cost allocations
- Developing internal processes and systems
- Supporting management in monthly and annual budget processes, reporting and forecasting
- Be responsible for the calculation of intercompany allocations
- Administrative tasks relating to employees including salary, vacation and travel expenses
- Take a leading role in further developing the Company’s internal controls over financial reporting, including standardisation, improvements and streamlining of core processes
- Ad hoc internal queries and projects
- University level degree in Business Administration/ Finance/ Economics
- Minimum 3 -6 years relevant work experience
- Relevant experience may compensate for lack of formal education
- Experience with currency- and intercompany transactions
- Very good understanding of accounting processes and Internal Control
- Excellent system knowledge and Excel skills
- Cross-border experience and an in-depth understanding of VAT and tax, proportional deduction and reverse charge
- Internal outlook and experience working across markets and offices
- Experience from finance or investment offices
- Fluency in a Scandinavian language and English, both written and spoken
- Solid project management and team skills with a hands-on and can-do mindset
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Organised and methodical
- Driven, always looking for ways to improve and having high aspirations for own work
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to successfully drive projects involving various internal groups and multiple levels of management
- Good work culture in an international environment
- Flexible working hours
- Good opportunities for further development / courses
- Opportunities for exchange at one of Verdanes' offices
- Competitive compensation including top insurance and pension schemes
- Modern offices located in central Oslo
If you are interested in this position, we ask you to apply via www.opusfinance.no in accordance with GDPR. Please attach your CV and a brief application letter.