Would you like to be responsible for Debt Finance and help us take our business to the next level? Do you like working with a group of talented people in an innovative company where you can influence your own responsibilities and the way NREP works within Finance?
Join us and become our new Debt Finance Team Head in Norway - and help us improve the built environment to enrich people’s lives.
The NREP Debt Finance Team consists of 14 “debt product experts” with transaction experience and a strong track record in debt financing execution. The team is responsible for the strategic sourcing, structuring, negotiation and execution of all NREP debt financing transactions on behalf of NREP managed funds, across all strategies and countries. The team operates as a pan-Nordic (and later pan-European) team with a current local presence in Denmark, Sweden and Finland, but it will continue to grow with new team members in Norway as well as in other countries where NREP has operations.
You will be NREP’s first Debt Finance employee in Norway, supporting NREPs Norwegian investments, as well as working closely with our international investment and debt finance teams. You will be reporting to the Director of Debt Finance situated in Finland.
NREP Finance Team members head debt financing execution and stakeholder management effort locally with the following responsibilities:
- Financing execution. Responsible for the structuring, negotiation and execution of local financing arrangements for NREP managed funds. Transactions include new financing and refinancing transactions, for single assets and portfolios. The manager will independently run local financing processes, e.g., presentation of new deals to financing providers, scoping of required financing terms, comparison of offers and financing provider selection as well as deal documentation.
- Deal flow management. Responsible for the overall management of the local debt financing deal flow while ensuring Nordic coordination / all NREP coordination. This includes prioritization of deals and ongoing exposure management/monitoring as well as ensuring alignment of financing commitments with overall deal commitment timelines.
- ESG, Green Financing, Taxonomy: In cooperation with the Sustainability team develop and implement the NREP sustainability agenda.
- Acquisition / Exit Processes: In cooperation with the deal team:
o Identify due diligence, tax, structure or other items with financing impact and provide guidance for remediation to the deal team
o Ensure accurate communication of financing status in internal decision forums (IC)
o Ensure compliance with financing agreement requirements at acquisition/exit
- Financing partner relationships. Manage and develop financing partner relationships with support from and together with the Debt Finance Team.
- Systems / Processes. Contribute to the development of NREP internal systems (Treasury Management Systems, internal databases) and processes relating to debt financing. Active participant in and contributor to Debt & Hedging Committee discussions (local updates, case studies, ongoing development of processes).
- Innovation. Attend and participate in industry events and seek innovative ways to implement financing product innovation in the NREP context.
Limited travel activity is expected.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree within a relevant field such as finance
- Profound experience (5 – 10 yrs+) in a commercial (front office) role in a financial institution, a corporate, real estate investment or management firm, or professional services firm, however with strong credit background and credit skillset (e.g. real estate financing, corporate or mortgage lending, debt origination, debt structuring, DCM, credit risk, debt financing advisory, however not necessarily in the most recent position). Experience from multiple organizations is a plus.
- Prior experience from an international / Nordic organization and/or working within cross-border teams
- Excellent knowledge of financing products (commercial terms, structuring, documentation)
- Financing deal execution experience in a lead role
- Experience in green financing and taxonomy is a benefit
- Experience in bond financing and English law governed fund-level financing products is a benefit
- Experience in the private equity or real estate industries is a plus
- Excellent level of oral and written English and Norwegian
- Excellent analytical skills, presentation skills and interpersonal/collaborative skills
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Results-oriented with an ability to independently manage priorities: transactions, projects and the NREP local / Nordic financing provider network
- Growth mindset – resilience in a fast-paced and changing organizational environment, ambition to grow with the organization
- Positive mindset and ability to work independently
- Commercial “solutions-oriented” problem-solving approach
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact our advisors in BackerSkeie, Are K. Skeie (+47 950 66 183) or Ingunn Lian (+47 992 52 475) for a confidential discussion.
Please submit your application through www.backerskeie.no as soon as possible.
Finansavisen søker journalister
Plantasjen søker Business Controller
Plantasjen Group AS
Autorisert regnskapsfører / Regnskapsfører i Løre…
Braathens & Partners
Ønsker du å bygge opp økonomifunksjonen i et kons…
Opus Finance Recruitment
Do you want to lead our transformation from tradi…
AK Jensen Norway AS