Director Financial Reporting to market leading tech company
Nordic Semiconductor is a Norwegian fabless semiconductor company specializing in wireless communication technology that powers the Internet of Things (IoT). Nordic was established in 1983 and has more than 1000 employees across the globe. Our award-winning Bluetooth Low Energy solutions pioneered ultra-low power wireless, making us the global market leader. Our technology range was later supplemented by ANT+, Thread and Zigbee, and in 2018 we launched our low power, compact LTE-M/NB-IoT cellular IoT solutions to extend the penetration of the IoT. The Nordic portfolio was further complemented by Wi-Fi technology in 2021.
Nordic Semiconductor is looking for an experienced Director Financial Reporting to lead the Group’s financial reporting process. The role will be responsible for organizing and coordinating the preparation of timely and complete financial reporting for the group and its subsidiaries in accordance with IFRS and/or other local requirements, including annual financial statements and interim reports to the Oslo Stock Exchange. You will work closely with the wider Finance organization and towards other business areas in the Group. The role reports to CFO and is located at Skøyen, Oslo.
- Responsible for consolidated financial statements and financial statements for subsidiaries in the group
- Responsible for timely and complete financial reporting in compliance with IFRS, including annual financial statements and interim reports to the Oslo Stock Exchange
- Responsible for assessing and reporting of technical accounting matters, hereunder preparation of accounting memos for non-routine transactions
- Contact point for external auditors, hereunder responsibility for the organization and co-ordination of the company’s external audit process and associated liaison with auditors and legal counsel
- Maintain and strengthen the company’s internal controls over financial reporting
- Partner with the wider business to solve financial and operational challenges
- Responsible for compliance with stock exchange regulations, hereunder stock exchange notices and insider lists
- Contribute to risk management (currency, interests etc.)
- Ad hoc projects
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree in accounting or similar, preferably state authorized public accountant
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience from auditing and/or similar role, preferably from an international organization and from working in a matrix organization
- Excellent understanding of IFRS, tax, internal controls and financial reporting requirements
- Strong understanding of consolidation and financial systems – we use Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Konsolidator
- Strong business acumen and the ability to see the big picture
- Fluent in business English and Norwegian
The right candidate has strong leadership skills and experience, with the ability to motivate, drive change and build robust teams and processes. You are ambitious, have strong work ethic and thrive when you get responsibility and complex challenges. Further, you are result-driven with a desire to achieve excellence – with a constant eye on team/process/systems improvements to enhance financial reporting.
Working for Nordic
Working for Nordic Semiconductor, you will be challenged, inspired and supported. Our teams enjoy a professional and informal working environment. We value and encourage continuous development of skills and expertise to the highest levels. We are proud of our Norwegian heritage, our highly skilled international workforce, world-leading innovation and professional excellence. We offer a variety of tasks and projects and the possibility to work alongside some of the world’s leading experts within their field. We encourage our employees to challenge the established and dare to innovate, while expecting high performance, dedication and the will to learn.
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions, please contact Svenn-Erik Warholm on 917 37 firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact persons listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis.