Corporate Tax Manager
TGS provides scientific data and intelligence to companies active in the energy sector. In addition to a global, extensive and diverse energy data library, TGS offers specialized services such as advanced processing and analytics alongside cloud-based data applications and solutions. Being the world’s largest provider of geosciense data, the majority of the Company’s revenues are generated in the oil and gas sector. However, with a growing offering of other data types and software, the Company is seeing an increasing exposure towards energy transition related industries, such as renewable energy, Carbon Caputure and Storage (CCS) and deepsea mineral exploration. TGS operates globally and is presently active in North and South America, Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia and Australia. TGS employs approximately 500 employees and has its corporate headquarters in Skøyen, Oslo, Norway and its operational headquarters in Houston, Texas, U.S.A. The company’s other main offices are in London and Perth, with further employees located in other cities around the globe. The company’s stock is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
TGS are currently looking for a professional and dedicated Corporate Tax Manager to their Group Accounting Department. The Corporate Tax Manager assists and works closely with the CFO, Director of Group Accounting, VP of Finance, and Tax Managers in Eastern & Western Hemispheres, legal, operations and business development teams. The position requires a technically strong and commercially minded tax professional who will be accountable for the Group’s tax.
The position will demonstrate the ability to take a holistic view of project and country tax challenges, while also being hands-on in setting the appropriate tax structure for TGS and its supply chain. The Corporate Tax Manager will be the main point of contact for transfer pricing related matters in the Group, this involves tax planning and reporting. The position reports to the Director of Group Accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for tax planning and tax reporting in the Group
- Maintain the transfer pricing documentation for the Group and initiate and perform transfer pricing review of defined transaction categories and secure implementation of any changes
- Manager for outsourced tax, transfer pricing and accounting advisory globally from scope to delivery
- The position is partly a back-up for the Group Controller regarding reporting and the Group Accounting Director regarding consolidation
- Various ad hoc assignments as part of the Group Controller Team
- Build relationships with key personnel and groups within the company to ensure high quality delivery of own processes
- Contribute to developing the TGS Financial Function and processes
- Liaise with external auditors as needed (typically related to annual and interim audit)
- Actively support the TGS personnel, safety, compliance and ethics policies. Additional duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Master’s degree within Finance (BSc or MSc), alternatively a legal degree
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience from Audit, Tax, Accounting or Group Reporting
- Experience in global tax management and coordination
- Proven adaptability to learn business software, new accounting standards and procedures
- Experience in tendering, scoping and managing high-level advisors
- Proven experience from and interest in international corporate tax, VAT and transfer pricing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and preferably SAP
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally, presentations and in writing
- Proficiency in Norwegian and English
- Structured and documented work method
- Take a proactive approach
- Strong communication skills are critical
- The successful candidate must have a passion for business
- Focus on delivering results and comfortable working closely with a multi-disciplinary team
- A team player with a strong belief in the value of knowledge sharing
- Strong interpersonal skills - with the ability to develop good working relationships within the organization
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact John Ola Solheim, Senior Advisor at FinancePeople, on mobile 909 91 137 or email email@example.com.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.