Head of Finance - well funded ambitious Fintech start-up company
Just Technologies is a SaaS, financial technology company operating in the intersection of industrial financial data, capital markets and enterprise cloud software. The company was founded in Oslo, Norway back in 2017 by serial fintech entrepreneurs. Just is building solutions and redefining user experiences for finance teams in businesses that are participating in the global trade of goods and services.
Just’s core ambition is to democratize access to multi-lateral liquidity relationships, by creating a marketplace for fair and transparent liquidity for businesses around the world. Through its first flagship product, FX Analytics, Just has benchmarket more than USD 80 billion in FX volume, and saved millions, for its customers in more than 10 markets.
Just is committed to creating an inclusive employment environment, and does not discriminate on race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, nationality or any other non-merit factor.
Help enable transparent access to capital markets for businesses worldwide
At Just we build financial products for businesses around the world that deals in global trade of goods and services. Our product helps the finance teams at these companies make better financial decisions, manage financial risk and access capital markets with more visibility and transparency.
As the Head of Finance at Just, your scope will span from long term business strategy and planning to immediate operational improvements. You will be a trusted partner and advisor to the Founder/CEO, Executive Team and Board of Directors. You will be responsible for accounting in collaboration with our outsourced partner, and financial planning together with the rest of the company to execute on growth opportunities for the business. If you are data driven and enjoy solving problems - this is the job for you.
The role reports directly to the Founder/CEO and is a great opportunity for someone looking to get a detailed inside view of a growth organization and the broader world of venture capital, global trade and capital markets.
At Just, your work will have real impact every single day.
What you will do
- Provide strategic financial advice to our Founder/CEO and department heads based on SaaS KPIs, budgets, forecasts on how the business is growing, how we benchmark with other SaaS companies and how/where to invest. Connect analytical findings to broader business understanding, drawing on past experience and pattern recognition.
- Implement finance rigor and process to build projections and provide insights into how a successful SaaS business is performing.
- Manage our outsourced accounting team to ensure accounting follows best practices. Oversee continuous improvement efforts on all financials and metrics.
- Partner with sales, marketing and customer success leadership to align on metric definitions, data sources and performance targets.
- You will improve and build processes and systems that contribute to operational efficiency and excellence.
- Support the Founder/CEO and the Board of Directors during future financing and M&A activities
- Master’s degree in a finance related subject.
- 2-5 years’ experience from either a FP&A function in a high-growth technology company, investment bank, private equity or management consulting.
- Knowledge of Enterprise SaaS metrics, business model and SaaS accounting practices.
- Strong general business acumen - we’re looking for a “Systems Thinker” with an ability to resolve complex problems with imperfect information.
- Automation mindset – you like developing scalable systems and automating routine processes.
- Low ego, your job is to help the company thrive and to enable the various teams do their best work.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, both internally and with external stakeholders, such as investors and board of directors.
- Ability to use modern technology to get the job done. You are of course a spreadsheet wizard, and you know how to efficiently source data for decision making, and you know how to communicate through slides. A huge plus would be if you either know, or have the ability to learn, SQL really fast.
- Our work language is English. It is crucial that you are both fluent and comfortable in both verbal and written communication.
What we offer
- An early stage, talent packed start-up adventure with a world class team.
- You will greatly benefit from an increased network in the global start-up and venture capital ecosystem and develop your skills by interacting with our shareholder base and board of directors.
- A competitive compensation package including participation in the employee equity program.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Time/support to participate in regular, company sponsored innovation days.
- Sponsorship to attend an industry or trade conference of your choosing annually, expenses paid.
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact John Ola Solheim, Senior Advisor at FinancePeople, at 909 91 137 or email email@example.com.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.