Group Chief Accountant to biotech company
Circa Group is a biotech company producing unique and highly valuable biochemicals. Using abundant and renewable biowaste such as sawdust, Circa makes Levoglucosenone (LGO) in its scalable and patented Furacell™ production process. LGO is a biomolecule platform used to produce multiple sustainable biochemicals that can replace toxic fossil-based chemicals widely used today in a wide range of applications; pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, flavors, fragrances, electronics, batteries, paints, graphene, polymers, and many other applications.
In 2020, Circa was granted, as part of its leadership position in the ReSolute consortium, the EU Flagship Horizon 2020 Grant of approximately EUR 12 million to support a 1,000 tonnes production facility in France. ReSolute™ will be the first of several industrial scale plants and is being built in the Carling S Avold region, France. The company is well-funded following the approximately EUR 52 million capital raising in March 2021, and the company’s projections indicate a sufficient financial runway.
The parent company, Circa Group AS, is incorporated in Norway and has its head office in Oslo. The company is listed on Euronext Growth Oslo with the ticker code CIRCA. For more information, please visit www.circa-group.com.
Do you want to make a difference and join our journey to replace fossil and toxic chemicals with sustainable biochemicals? Circa Group is looking for a competent Group Chief Accountant to be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate preparation of consolidated financial statements for the Group in accordance with IFRS. This is a central role in a small, but strong team being established at HQ Oslo. The role reports to the CFO.
- ensure timely and accurate preparation of consolidated financial statements for the Group in accordance with IFRS
- plan, execute and follow up the monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing process
- oversee and quality assure reporting, processes and internal control in subsidiaries outside Norway
- ensure an efficient set up of accounting and reporting processes and systems, including maintenance, development and training
- oversee, coordinate and supervise accounting services provided from external vendors (accounting and payroll is currently outsourced)
- maintain and improve financial controls through chart of accounts, accounting procedures and internal control processes for the Group
- prepare/co-ordinate annual statutory financial statements and tax returns
- provide guidance and be the key resource on challenging accounting and consolidation
- contact with external auditors and facilitate an efficient audit process
- lead, support and contribute to process improvement initiatives
- assist CFO in ad hoc projects and tasks
- master's degree in Accounting, Business or other Finance related subject
- minimum 5 years’ experience from relevant position, preferably from an international company and/or big 4 audit firm
- strong knowledge of accounting, hereunder IFRS and reporting requirements on Euronext Growth
- experience from production/manufacturing industry with complex supply chains is an advantage
- interest in IT and systems to improve accounting and reporting processes; Cantor is being implemented as group consolidation system
- fluent Norwegian and English, both verbally and written. French is an advantage, but not a requirement
- entrepreneurial mindset that thrives in a start-up environment
- responsible, self-driven and structured
- strong communication skills
- hands-on, pragmatic and solution-oriented
- challenging and varied tasks in an international business environment
- possibility to shape the role and the finance function together with the CFO
- competitive terms and conditions
- position will be based in Oslo, but occasional travel is expected
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions, please contact Svenn-Erik Warholm on 917 37 email@example.com.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.