Business Controller - Growth
Oda is a company on the move. We built Norway’s leading online grocery store and now we want to share what we’ve created with the world! Delivering a huge range of high-quality, affordable groceries and fresh produce to millions of doorsteps is a complex process, but we believe we’ve cracked the code. Using data-driven methodology, with a focus on sustainability all the way along the chain, we are building the most efficient retail system in the world. With solid backing from some of the biggest international investors in the world, we’re proud to be one of the fastest growing companies in Europe.
As Business Controller Growth you will play a key role in planning, estimating and evaluating the growth in all our existing markets and potential new markets. You will lead the Financial department’s need for modelling and scenario analysis of our growth and be the day-to-day communication channel between Finance and Growth. You will be working closely with the global Growth team and the global FP&A (financial planning and analysis) team. You will have an in-depth understanding of our business model and the relating economics with special focus on our revenues and marketing spend. You will impact strategic choices and our customer offering across all functions. Doing so you will have the chance to collaborate with a highly motivated and fun team across all functions with special focus on the Growth function.
What you’ll do as Business Controller with us
- Analyze financial and business performance, derive insight and suggest actions and initiatives
- Manage the financial and business reporting rhythm through robust budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes
- Be the global Growth team’s sparring partner from a financial point of view and participate in the weekly global Growth forum
- Work cross-functionally and partner with the relevant stakeholders to support performance management within our global functions with special focus on Growth.
- Be an important part of the global Controlling and Finance team where you will contribute to making the company a well-run global player in the online groceries space
What we offer
- Colleagues who shoot for the stars and care about helping each other
- A flat hierarchy where we come together across disciplines to solve complex and exciting challenges
- Competitive compensation and the possibility of buying shares to take part in the success of Oda
- Opportunity to take on a role in a fast-growing and innovative technology company disrupting a huge industry that touches millions of people every day
- A dynamic workplace with quick decision making, a trust based culture and real opportunity to make a difference
- Vibrant and collaboration-friendly office spaces in Nydalen, Oslo
- A flexible work schedule with a healthy work-life balance
- An international and diverse workplace with talented and hard-working colleagues across multiple office (everyone’s always friendly and helpful)
To be successful, we believe you
- Are open minded and good to communicate with different stakeholders in all parts of the organization
- Able to balance multiple tasks at the same time, prioritize and being able to finish and deliver high quality work
- Are structured and pragmatic in a workday with many unknowns
- Are comfortable with presenting your own solutions on challenges to stakeholders in all parts of the organization
- Are not afraid to ask for help and help others if they seek your advice
The following will probably be helpful
- Extensive and relevant experience from business controlling or financial planning and analysis, preferably within e-commerce or retail
- Proven ability of developing and managing financial processes and reporting
- Driven to create high quality work results, with high attention to detail
- Expert Excel and PowerPoint user, preferably experience using BI tools. Savvy with IT systems within finance and business intelligence
- The ability to translate data and financial analysis into solid insights and recommendations
- Master’s degree in business or finance
- Fluency in English
As a part of Oda you’ll will be working with enthusiastic, skilled and ambitious people, shaping tomorrow’s shopping experience. Come build the future with us! If you’d like to know more about how we work, check out our stories on Medium. We look forward to hearing from you!
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact Ulrik Langabø, Partner at FinancePeople, on mobile 930 05 357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.