Senior Manager M&A
Wallenius Wilhelmsen is a market leader in RoRo shipping and vehicle logistics, transporting cars, trucks, rolling equipment and breakbulk around the world.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen operates around 125 vessels servicing 15 trade routes to six continents, together with a global inland distribution network, 121 processing centers and 11 marine terminals. The company has a strong sustainability focus and is an industry leader in developing innovative solutions to reduce its operational impacts. The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group (OEX: WALWIL) has over 8000 employees in 29 countries and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. The group consists of Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, EUKOR and ARC. Total income was USD 2.9 billion for the full year of 2020.
The world will keep surprising us, and Wallenius Wilhelmsen will take an active role in defining the future of logistics, imagining new, more sustainable solutions for the changing world of mobility and transport on land and sea.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen is looking for a proactive Senior Manager M&A based in Oslo to lead global M&A projects and provide quality support to Top Executive Team and all business units. The position will have significant exposure to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders in an international team context. The role will functionally be part of the Business Performance team, but with a dotted line to the CFO.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Develop, manage, and lead M&A and investment processes. This includes business case development, valuation, due diligence, negotiations, agreements, and deal closing
- Support business units with business development competence, financial skills and project management capabilities for major investments, M&A, and divestitures
- Work-stream support for Long Term Strategy process and strategy review/ follow-up
- Support Business units and Strategy and Portfolio Management with transactional aspects of long-term strategy (e.g. partnerships, acquisitions, disposals)
- Contribute to supporting leadership (e.g. CEO/CFO) with presentations, analysis and information gathering on an ad-hoc basis
- Key contributor to continuing the development of WW’s partnership network, with and without equity investments
- Higher education, preferably a degree in business administration, finance or similar
- Minimum 5 years of experience from Investment banking, Corporate Finance, Management Consulting or other relevant experience from the industry
- Hands-on experience with conducting mergers, acquisitions, and minor/major investments and/ or experience from leading strategic projects on various levels of an organization
- Highly developed project management skills and capacity to work on multiple projects simultaneously, as well as ability to lead and participate in teams and projects
- Fluent in written and oral English
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
- Cross cultural understanding
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent understanding of financial modelling and analysis
- Detail and accuracy oriented
To succeed in the role, it is essential that you are organized, thorough and able to work effectively under pressure. You are able to prioritize quickly and meet established deadlines, even in challenging times. You have good interpersonal skills and strong ability to lead and participate in teams and projects. You have a team-oriented attitude and a pragmatic and professional nature. You adjust quickly to new situations and are able to navigate in complex environments. Through various projects, you will develop a global network at all levels of the organization, and it is therefore essential that you have cross-cultural understanding and are able to communicate with all levels inside and outside the organization.
What we offer:
- Varied responsibilities and challenging tasks in a truly global company
- Good understanding of the shipping and logistics industry from the inside
- The opportunity to build an international network
- A solid foundation for future management and specialist positions in Wallenius Wilhelmsen
- Occasional travel is to be expected with this role.
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen Group is an equal opportunity employer that strongly believes in diversity and a value driven culture. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a global company with colleagues and stakeholders from different cultures and countries and where English is the working language.
Our values we live by: Speed, Courage, Trust, Imagination & Candor
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact John Ola Solheim, Senior Advisor at FinancePeople, at 909 91 137 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Svenn-Erik Warholm, Senior Advisor at FinancePeople, at 917 37 272 or email@example.com
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially, and all applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Ønsker du å bygge opp økonomifunksjonen i et kons…
Opus Finance Recruitment
Do you want to lead our transformation from tradi…
AK Jensen Norway AS
Director of Group Accounting
We are looking for a proactive Finance Manager fo…
Trives du med ledelse og faglige utfordringer? Ov…