VP Global Accounting to Norwegian
The history of Norwegian began when it was founded in 1993, while the low-cost airline with its Boeing 737 aircraft took to the skies in 2002. Our core values have remained the same since our inception – to provide reasonably priced air travel to everybody, and allow people to travel smarter and with more options to choose from on their journey.
Norwegian grew rapidly over large parts of the globe, first with our short-haul routes in Europe, and later with long-haul routes to the USA, Asia, and South America.
In 2018 the company changed course to focus on core destinations and the right sizing of the airline in response to customer demand and global industry trends. The rapid global spread of COVID-19 throughout 2020 and into 2021 accelerated this process, and in January 2021 the company announced a simplified business structure and a dedicated short haul only network concentrating on a broad range of domestic routes in Norway, across the Nordics and to key European destinations.
Norwegian is seeking an experienced VP Global Accounting to lead the Group’s accounting function, with the objective to build a robust and efficient accounting function. As our new VP Global Accounting, you will be responsible for organizing and coordinating the preparation of timely and complete financial reporting for the group and its subsidiaries in accordance with IFRS and/or other local requirements, including annual financial statements and interim reports to the Oslo Stock Exchange. To succeed, you need to possess strong leadership skills and a mindset that continuously seek and implement improvements and efficiency gains. The role reports to CFO and is located at Fornebu.
- responsible for consolidated financial statements, parent company financial statements and financial statements for subsidiaries in the group
- responsible for timely and complete financial reporting in compliance with IFRS, including annual financial statements and interim reports to the Oslo Stock Exchange
- optimize the accounting department, including any outsourced accounting activities and shared services
- responsible for assessing and reporting of technical accounting matters, hereunder preparation of accounting memos for non-routine transactions
- main contact point for external auditors, hereunder responsibility for the organization and co-ordination of the company’s external audit process and associated liaison with auditors and legal counsel
- ensure compliance with local and corporate policies, regulations and laws
- responsible for compliance with tax, VAT, passenger tax and other similar regulatory requirements
- ensure compliance to the company’s internal controls over financial reporting
- accountable for the departments KPIs and regular follow up on performance
- master’s degree in accounting, preferably state authorized public accountant (HRS / MRR)
- minimum 10 years’ experience from auditing and accounting, preferably from an international organization and from working in a matrix organization
- excellent understanding of IFRS and financial reporting requirements
- strong understanding of financial systems – Norwegian uses SAP and Cognos Controller
- strong business acumen and the ability to see the big picture
- fluent in business English
The right candidate has strong leadership skills and experience, with the ability to motivate, drive change and build robust teams. You are ambitious, have strong work ethic and thrive when you get responsibility and complex challenges. Further, you are result-driven with a desire to achieve excellence – with a constant eye on team/process/systems improvements to enhance financial reporting.
- competitive company benefits including employee priced tickets
- good pension and insurance schemes
- positive and exciting place to work in a global organization
- challenging, variable and dynamic environment
- we value a good work-life balance
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions, please contact Anne Hilde Nilsen on 975 89 firstname.lastname@example.org. According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.