The history of Norwegian began when it was founded in 1993, while the low-cost airline with its Boeing 737 aircraft took to the skies in 2002. Our core values have remained the same since our inception – to provide reasonably priced air travel to everybody, and allow people to travel smarter and with more options to choose from on their journey.
Norwegian grew rapidly over large parts of the globe, first with our short-haul routes in Europe, and later with long-haul routes to the USA, Asia, and South America.
In 2018 the company changed course to focus on core destinations and the right sizing of the airline in response to customer demand and global industry trends. The rapid global spread of COVID-19 throughout 2020 and into 2021 accelerated this process, and in January 2021 the company announced a simplified business structure and a dedicated short haul only network concentrating on a broad range of domestic routes in Norway, across the Nordics and to key European destinations.
Norwegian is seeking a Group Controller to join their finance and accounting team. As a Group Controller you will be instrumental in the consolidation and reporting of the financial statements, both internal and external, in addition to managing the consolidation system Cognos Controller. The role reports to VP Global Accounting and is located at Fornebu.
- monthly consolidation and reporting of group financial statements
- responsible for internal financial reporting
- development and improvement of the group’s consolidation and reporting systems (Cognos Controller)
- financial analytics
- coordinate and support the group financial audit process
- preparation of the consolidated and parent company financial statements
- contribute to IFRS compliance, including implementation of new standards
- improve processes in financial reporting
- support and cooperate on financial reporting matters across functions and departments
- master’s degree in accounting or finance, preferably MRR/HRS or equivalent
- minimum 5 years’ experience from financial reporting and/or audit, preferably from a large audit firm
- experience with accounting and consolidation in multinational groups
- knowledge of IFRS
- prior experience with consolidation systems, preferably Cognos Controller
- strong mathematical and analytical skills, with high proficiency in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in preparing reports and presentations.
- structured and analytical with ability to see the bigger picture
- self-motivated and fast learner
- elevated sense of responsibility
- strong relationship builder and team player
- competitive company benefits including employee priced tickets
- good pension and insurance schemes
- positive and exciting place to work in a global organization
- challenging, variable and dynamic environment
- we value a good work-life balance
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions, please contact Svenn-Erik Warholm on 917 37 email@example.com. According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.