Financial Controller to Norwegian
The history of Norwegian began when it was founded in 1993, while the low-cost airline with its Boeing 737 aircraft took to the skies in 2002. Our core values have remained the same since our inception – to provide reasonably priced air travel to everybody, and allow people to travel smarter and with more options to choose from on their journey.
Norwegian grew rapidly over large parts of the globe, first with our short-haul routes in Europe, and later with long-haul routes to the USA, Asia, and South America.
In 2018 the company changed course to focus on core destinations and the right sizing of the airline in response to customer demand and global industry trends. The rapid global spread of COVID-19 throughout 2020 and into 2021 accelerated this process, and in January 2021 the company announced a simplified business structure and a dedicated short haul only network concentrating on a broad range of domestic routes in Norway, across the Nordics and to key European destinations.
Norwegian is seeking a Financial Controller to join their finance and accounting team. As a Financial Controller you will be responsible for internal and external financial reporting for specified legal entities within the Norwegian Group, ensuring compliance with statutory reporting requirements for those legal entities. The role reports to Group Financial Controller and is located at Fornebu.
- monitoring, analysis and reporting of financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis to the group
- support decision processes within reporting and governance
- preparation of statutory accounts and tax returns for specified legal entities
- communication with the external auditor and follow-up of yearly audit
- settlement and follow up of intercompany transactions (including billing)
- participation in projects across finance department related to process efficiency and improvements initiatives
- other ad hoc tasks within the finance team
- higher financial/economic education with strong academic results, preferably master’s degree in Accounting (MRR)
- 3-5 years of experience from similar positions and/or audit
- good understanding of financial reporting and accounting
- IFRS knowledge is preferable
- familiar with ERP and reporting systems, preferably SAP and Cognos
- good Excel and IT system competence
- experience from international business
- fluent in English, both oral and written
- analytical and structured with ability to prioritize and deliver at deadlines
- self-driven with positive attitude and good cooperative skills
- proactive and not afraid to take own initiatives
- practical and solution-oriented approach to tasks
- competitive company benefits including employee priced tickets
- good pension and insurance schemes
- positive and exciting place to work in a global organization
- challenging, variable and dynamic environment
- we value a good work-life balance
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions, please contact Svenn-Erik Warholm on 917 37 email@example.com. According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.