Finance Specialist Treasury
Wallenius Wilhelmsen is a market leader in RoRo shipping and vehicle logistics, transporting cars, trucks, rolling equipment and breakbulk around the world.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen operates around 125 vessels servicing 15 trade routes to six continents, together with a global inland distribution network, 121 processing centres and 11 marine terminals. The company has a strong sustainability focus and is an industry leader in developing innovative solutions to reduce its operational impacts. The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group (OEX: WALWIL) has over 8000 employees in 29 countries and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. The group consists of Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, EUKOR and ARC. Total income was USD 2.9 billion for the full year of 2020.
The world will keep surprising us, and Wallenius Wilhelmsen will take an active role in defining the future of logistics, imagining new, more sustainable solutions for the changing world of mobility and transport on land and sea.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen is looking for a proactive finance specialist based in Oslo to drive secured and unsecured financing projects in the Group. The Global Treasury & IR team is responsible for the treasury functions of the group, including equity and debt funding, cash management and financial risk management, as well as investor relations, with team members in Oslo, Seoul and the USA. The position will have significant exposure to the Shipping and Logistics business units, senior management and external stakeholders. The role reports to VP Global Treasury & IR.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Lead and execute financing projects including secured and unsecured bank facilities, lease agreements and future green and sustainability-linked transactions
- Manage a portfolio of financing agreements, including administrating payments, and reporting
- Collaborate closely within the Treasury team, Finance&Legal teams, business units, the Sustainability team
- Contribute to the Group’s funding strategy, targeting to optimize cost of capital, access to capital and alignment with the group’s ambitious emission reduction targets
- Support on capital markets processes including bond issues
- Follow up banks and other important financial relationships, including compliance reporting and KYC
- Other treasury related matters and ad hoc projects
- Minimum 5 years of experience from corporate banking, investment banking, project finance, treasury or other relevant background
- Higher education, preferably a degree in business administration, finance, economics or similar, but relevant experience can make up for lack of relevant educational background
- Solid project management skills and capacity to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Fluent in written and oral English
- Significant transaction experience within the areas of bank financing, leasing and potentially more complex financing structures
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent numerical skills and understanding of financial analysis
- Detail and accuracy oriented
To succeed in the role, it is essential that you are a strong team-player with the ability to lead complex projects, prioritize tasks and work efficiently under pressure. You present a flexible attitude, can drive changes and possess the ability to work both strategically and operationally in a changing international environment. The position can to some extent be shaped by the competencies and interests of the successful candidate.
What we offer:
- Varied responsibilities and challenging tasks in a truly global company
- Good understanding of the shipping and logistics industry from the inside
- The opportunity to build an international network
- A solid foundation for future management and specialist positions in Wallenius Wilhelmsen
- Occasional travel is to be expected with this role.
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen Group is an equal opportunity employer that strongly believes in diversity and a value driven culture. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a global company with colleagues and stakeholders from different cultures and countries and where English is the working language.
Our values we live by: Speed, Courage, Trust, Imagination & Candor.
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions, please contact Svenn-Erik Warholm on 917 37 firstname.lastname@example.org. According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad. All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.