OK, you are an accountant. Is that all? If you are more, then contact us
Nordavind and 00Nation have merged to form an esports, gaming and youth culture powerhouse. The company will build and monetize a global community by crossing over gaming, esports, music, fashion, art, sport and internet culture. The company has revenue streams from esports, gaming, sponsorships, talent management, content formats and subscription-based activities, and is in the process of scaling across multiple countries. 00Nation is poised to become one of the most powerful youth brands and communities.
Curious on the rise of e-sport and lifestyle? Accounting experience? Want to work with a bunch of dedicated professionals with passion for what they do? Keep reading. The merged company of 00Nation and Nordavind is now seeking an accountant, ready to be a part of a championship-caliber team. In this role you will be responsible for preparing accounts, budgeting and managing financial information. Your core responsibilities are typically timely processing of accounts payables and receivables, prepare and examine financial records, assuring information is up to date and accurate. You will also assist the Group in the choice of an accounting system suitable for its multi-currency operations. This position will report directly to the Group CFO and be exposed to Group management. It’s expected that candidates can work full-time from our city vibe offices in Oslo, currently located in the heart of Bjørvika.
The global esports market has an expected compound annual growth rate of 24% the next six years and we are ready to both grow and capitalize on this.
If you are humble but confident, keep on going.
- Hands on responsibility for maintaining all accounting records and financial reporting
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining financial control, systems, processes, and reporting
- Ensure compliance to NRS and/or IFRS accounting standards, tax, and other regulations
- Scope includes companies within the NVD Group (which currently includes Norway, UK and United States).
- Reconciliation of balance sheet, including but not limited to: bank statements, taxes and returns (MVA / VAT), employer fees (AGA), vacation pay, etc.
- Account payables and receivables & cash management, including but not limited to:
- Booking and examination of customers invoices, supplier invoices, employee expenses, and the like
- Interaction and communication with customers and vendors
- Ensuring timely processing of incoming and outgoing transactions
- Responsible for all payroll activities in all companies within the Group
- Aiding management by analysing the state of the company’s financial health and where the company is generating and losing revenue
- Generating financial reports that display the company’s profits, equity and cash flow
- Reporting to governmental entities in all geos, eg. Norwegian Statistics Authority (SSB), Norwegian Labour and Welfare Administration (NAV)
- Liaison with auditors, tax and accounting advisors
Still here? Great, keep reading.
To succeed in this role, we think you must have the following experience and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Operational and international (multi-currency) accounting and reporting
- Group reporting and consolidation
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Governmental reporting
- Excellent knowledge of Norwegian accounting, tax, and other regulations
- Comfortable with handling communication directly with customers, vendors, and others
- Familiarity with accounting / ERP systems
- Interest for media, esports, or people-based business
- Solution-oriented and willingness to get the job done
If you also are the person who can speak softly and carry a big stick, we can offer:
- Chance for early entry into a fast-growing startup
- Exposure for top management within the Group
- Possibility to grow
- Central workspace in Bjørvika, Oslo
- Access to our events and launches
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact Lars Vaksvik (+47 41545733). According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Application deadline as soon as possible.