Head of M&A to an Exciting PE Owned Growth Company
Lakers Group is the leading independent water pump service company in the Nordic region.
Lakers Group was founded in 2016 and headquartered in Oslo. Lakers is a Nordic group active in aftermarket services in the water and wastewater industry. It offers maintenance, service, development and technical consultancy for pumps, pumping stations, electrical motors and related components. The company has 400 employees across Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Germany and the United Kingdom. For Lakers Group, growth through M&A is an integral part of the strategy, it has made more than 25 acquisitions since its inception and the pace will be further accelerated in the years to come. This year Lakers made its first acquisitions in Germany and the UK, from earlier being a solely Nordic company.
Lakers have recently committed to a set of environmental, social and governance goals. Among the social targets, they aim to work towards a more equal workforce in their organization. Lakers’ primary climate goal is to decrease their impact green house gas emissions. Specifically, they aim to increase their share of renewable energy sources with the long-term ambition for all facilities to use 100% renewable electricity. The goals will be tracked and reported in an annual Sustainability Report.
We will continue the growth in Northern Europe and have great ambitions for the years ahead. As a result of our growth ambitions and organizational changes, we are currently seeking a commercial Head of M&A to lead the transaction activities in close cooperation with our CEO and CFO. Head of M&A will have a key role in mapping, evaluating and completing transactions of relevant acquisition candidates, and the right candidate must therefore enjoy working in a wide role. The role will report directly to the CEO and be a part of the Management Team.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Lead and coordinate the company’s M&A-activities in close cooperation with the CEO and CFO
- Identify, build, analyse and evaluate relevant acquisition opportunities
- Produce financial analysis and valuations and prepare information material and presentations for transaction processes
- Develop and maintain financial models
- Have a central role in negotiations and coordinate financial, legal and operational due diligence
- Contribute to business development processes
- Ad hoc projects
- Higher education with strong academic results
- Minimum seven years' professional experience, with at least two years' experience with M&A activities, for example from investment banking, a transactions department from a leading professional services firm or a similar role in a larger company
- High analytical capacity and an advanced Excel and PowerPoint user
- Relevant industry experience and network within our industry is considered an advantage
- High proficiency in Norwegian or Swedish and English, both written and oral. German is also considered an advantage, but not required
- Strong ability to build relationships and deal with different types of people
We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who is not afraid to enter into dialogue with potential acquisition candidates. As an employee at Lakers, you must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be able to juggle multiple tasks as once. You consider yourself a person who carries out what you have started, and you have a flair for business. You enjoy working in a team, but you are also independent and see yourself as someone who naturally initiates. It is important for you to deliver quality in your work, but you are also efficient and able to prioritize. The role will work closely with both local entrepreneurs and with our main owner, so it is important that you have good social skills and ability to navigate in different environments.
We offer challenging and varied tasks in a large northern Group Company with a high activity level and a good work environment. The right candidate will be an important contributor to the development of the Group. We offer competitive terms and offices in Nydalen, but are open to consider Stockholm or Berlin as location as well. As a member of the Management Team, the candidate will also be given the opportunity to take part in an attractive investment programme and therefore receive a potential upside through the value creation under Summa Equity’s ownership period.
The role will require some travelling.
Sustainability has always been at the core of our business and strategy. We conduct our business in a way that aims to have a net positive impact on society and the environment, and our purpose is Making Water Work.
Virker dette interessant ber vi deg, i henhold til GDPR, søke via www.financepeople.no, og ikke direkte på mail til oppgitt kontaktperson. Ved spørsmål kan du kontakte Finance People ved John Ola Solheim på mobil 909 91 137 eller på email@example.com.