Heimstaden is a leading residential real estate company with more than 116,000 homes across ten European countries and a property value of SEK 187 billion. We buy, develop, and manage properties with an evergreen perspective, and every day our 1,800 people create value for owners and Friendly Homes for customers guided by our values – Dare, Care, Share.
Heimstaden is now making room for a Tax Manager to join our Legal and Tax team and assume responsibility for the management and handling of Heimstaden’s direct and indirect tax matters across Europe. Based in Central Oslo or Malmö, the role is new and the right candidate will be expected to shape the role together with the Head of Tax. Strong knowledge of tax principles and real estate experience will set you up for success.
Some of your responsibilities are to:
- Manage and handle transfer pricing, tax issues and VAT, primarily across non-Scandinavian jurisdictions.
- Lead tax risk management projects and ensure seamless reporting of taxes and year-end processes.
- Implement practical solutions and advise on new technologies and strategies to mitigate risks.
- Develop sustainable tax structures and a robust foundation for expansion into new markets.
- Prepare and maintain transfer pricing documentation, underlying agreements, and other tax documentation.
- Contribute to various initiatives across departments, such as development projects, M&A, and other structural processes.
- Optimise business processes with regards to tax matters and promote a strong compliance culture.
- Stay abreast of regulatory developments and trends.
Skills and Personal Characteristics:
- Analytical and self-propelled initiator with high work capacity.
- Structured and methodical, with an eye for details as well as the big picture.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator.
- Determined with a willingness to ask questions and challenge existing ways of working.
- Outstanding written and spoken English language skills.
We believe you have:
- Master's degree in Law and/or Finance.
- 4-6 years of tax experience from law or consulting firm, corporate finance, tax office or corporation.
- Experience from an international corporate environment.
- Real estate experience is an advantage.
What we offer you:
- We live our values CARE, DARE and SHARE, making it important for us that you dare to be straightforward and fearless of questioning current routines, while still possessing the likeable traits of being a team player, helping the organization’s continuous growth with a WE before ME mentality. You will join:
- A challenging position at Europe’s fastest growing real estate company operating in a complex and ever-changing European tax landscape.
- International working life with good opportunities for career development.
- A fast-paced and dynamic working environment with a Legal team of highly skilled colleagues based across several European countries.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact persons listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.