VP Business Performance - Shipping Services
Wallenius Wilhelmsen is a market leader in RoRo shipping and vehicle logistics, transporting cars, trucks, rolling equipment and breakbulk around the world.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen operates around 125 vessels servicing 15 trade routes to six continents, together with a global inland distribution network, 120 processing centres, and 11 marine terminals. The company has a strong sustainability focus and is an industry leader in developing innovative solutions to reduce its operational impacts. The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group (OEX: WALWIL) has 9500 employees in 29 countries and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. The group consists of Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, EUKOR and ARC. Total income was USD 4.1 billion for the full year of 2018.
The world will keep surprising us, and Wallenius Wilhelmsen will take an active role in defining the future of logistics, imagining new, more sustainable solutions for the changing world of mobility and transport on land and sea.
For more information see: www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com
We are looking for a VP Business Performance – Shipping Services to join the Business Performance Department under Global Finance. The goal of this department is to help drive the global finance agenda and provide key decision support to segment management to ensure that Wallenius Wilhelmsen delivers on its strategy and overall goals. Shipping Services segment owns its targets, results, forecast, capital employed, ROCE and covenants. This position will act as liaison between the finance group and the business segment head related to reporting, analysis, improvements, and accountability for the full Shipping Services financial statements. The position reports to SVP Global Business Performance located in Lysaker.
- responsible for coordination of Shipping Services periodic reporting in conjunction with relevant segment parties, bridging management to statutory reporting
- full understanding of targets and business drivers to the P&L, cash flow and balance sheet, including financial ratios
- coordination of the 18-month forecast with relevant segment department heads and the 5-year extended forecast with the global finance and global market insight teams
- project work related to new initiatives within the Shipping Services, including capex and other investments
- provide support on M&A and joint venture opportunities, primarily financial modelling work in support of the finance M&A team
- oversee working capital programs and drive initiatives through the Shipping Services segment
- higher education, preferably master’s degree within Finance, Accounting or similar
- minimum 10 years’ relevant experience from international business
- financial modelling experience
- experience from managing projects / teams / stakeholders
- experience from shipping/logistics is a plus
- strong IT skills
- fluency in English, both written and oral
- analytical, structured, and solution-oriented
- excellent communication and presentation skills
- strong leadership, teambuilding, and networking capabilities
- ability to operate within complex stakeholder environments, and across geographies and business cultures
- proactive change agent with strong drive and commitment to create results
- varied responsibilities and challenging tasks in a truly global company
- competitive terms of employment and good benefit schemes
- social activities, access to company cabins and other benefits
- this position is located at Lysaker and we offer a fantastic workplace with colleagues from around the world. Occasional travel is to be expected with this role.
Location: Norway, Oslo (Lysaker) or South Korea, Seoul. This role is offered on local terms.
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen Group is an equal opportunity employer that strongly believes in diversity and a value driven culture. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a global company with colleagues and stakeholders from different cultures and countries and where English is the working language. Our values: Speed, Courage, Trust, Imagination & Candor.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially, and all applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.