SVP Global Accounting and Financial Control
Wallenius Wilhelmsen is a market leader in RoRo shipping and vehicle logistics, transporting cars, trucks, rolling equipment and breakbulk around the world.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen operates around 125 vessels servicing 15 trade routes to six continents, together with a global inland distribution network, 120 processing centres, and 11 marine terminals. The company has a strong sustainability focus and is an industry leader in developing innovative solutions to reduce its operational impacts. The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group (OEX: WALWIL) has 9500 employees in 29 countries and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. The group consists of Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, EUKOR and ARC. Total income was USD 4.1 billion for the full year of 2018.
The world will keep surprising us, and Wallenius Wilhelmsen will take an active role in defining the future of logistics, imagining new, more sustainable solutions for the changing world of mobility and transport on land and sea.
For more information see: www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com
Wallenius Wilhelmsen is now looking for an experienced SVP Global Accounting and Financial Control to join their team at Lysaker. The role has oversight and responsibility for the Global Accounting and Financial Control teams across Wallenius Wilhelmsen ASA. Together with the global teams you will interact closely with business leaders and various other members of the businesses to ensure accurate financial accounting, reporting as well as adequate internal controls. The position reports to CFO.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- responsible for high quality quarterly financial reporting to Oslo Stock Exchange in accordance with IFRS
- manage competence, skills and resource allocation within the global Accounting and Financial Control function
- owner of Accounting & Financial Control processes, policies and systems to drive internal control process and improvements
- main contact point for external auditors
- secretary for Board Audit Committee (BAC) and responsible for preparation of documentation for BAC
- ensure quality and timeliness of Group financial reporting, both statutory and internal
- define, develop, coordinate and maintain the financial forecasting process together with the Business Performance team
- enforce operational and SGA cost control throughout the organization
- support the IR function with relevant financial information
- participate in target setting and performance follow-up
- ensure consistency and alignment across all entities on accounting matters and IFRS compliance
- continuous improvement on follow-up on AR/AP and other working capital matters
- business partner towards other functions
- higher education, preferably Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or similar
- minimum 10 years experience from listed international company with reporting in accordance with IFRS
- substantial experience and knowledge within accounting, financial control, IFRS, financial reporting in global listed companies and taxation
- strong understanding of financial systems and internal control requirements related to financial reporting
- high proficiency in English, both written and oral
- structured and driven, with a constant eye on team/process/system improvements to enhance internal control
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- strong leadership, teambuilding, and networking capabilities with the ability to operate within complex stakeholder environments and across geographies and business cultures
- excellent communication skills; able to communicate complex issues in a clear and understandable way
- varied responsibilities and challenging tasks in a truly global company
- competitive terms of employment and good benefit schemes
- social activities, access to company cabins and other benefits
- this position is located at Lysaker and we offer a fantastic workplace with colleagues from around the world. Occasional travel is to be expected with this role.
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen Group is an equal opportunity employer that strongly believes in diversity and a value driven culture. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a global company with colleagues and stakeholders from different cultures and countries and where English is the working language. Our values: Speed, Courage, Trust, Imagination & Candor.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially, and all applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interviews will start in August.