Senior Business Controller to a Renewable Company
Scatec is a leading integrated independent renewable power producer, delivering affordable, rapidly deployable and sustainable clean energy worldwide. As a long-term player, Scatec develops, builds, owns, operates and maintains power plants across emerging markets. With an established global presence and a significant project pipeline, the company is targeting a capacity of 4.5 GW in operation and under construction by the end of 2021. We are located in four continents and are headquartered in Oslo, Norway. We are listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol ‘SCATC’.
Scatec is in a phase of solid growth and is looking to strengthen the company with a Senior Business Controller. This is a highly visible, challenging, hands-on, dynamic and wide-ranging role covering activities such as business partnering with non-finance teams to add value across multiple business units, driving strategy and profitability across all areas. The position is a key resource in the Finance Team and will report to the VP Controlling.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- delivering high quality management information and analysis to support business unit leaders in decision making
- fostering and nurturing excellent relationships with business unit leads in order to become a trusted financial and commercial advisor
- understanding and explaining the key business drivers and trends that will maximize profitability and cash generation
- interpreting data, both financial and non-financial and understanding the impact of these on the business
- developing reporting and KPI dashboards
- leading and preparing the budgeting and forecasting for your segment in line with the group timetable, with completion of reports and commentaries
- forecast and monitor cash flows
- manage risks and opportunities for the different business units
- initiate and take lead on projects related to the development, structure and improvement of the group’s management reporting processes
- liaise with different internal stakeholders (Financial Controlling, Legal, Tax, Treasury, Local Finance Managers, Development team, etc.)
- assist in external audit activities
Qualifications and competencies:
- master’s degree in finance, Business or equivalent
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience, preferably from an international environment
- experience from Big Four audit companies is preferred
- ability to consolidate data from several sources for presentation, being able to efficiently process and evaluate large data volumes and propose actions based on findings
- ability to build strong networks and collaborate efficiently with functions outside of finance. Support management and project team in making sound business decisions
- quick learner with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- master Microsoft suite and business intelligence tools
- fluent in English, written and verbally
- overall curiosity and ability to contribute to finance areas such as Tax, Treasury, Accounting, Financial Reporting and Systems, Asset Management and other internal stakeholders
- you enjoy challenging tasks, taking on new responsibilities and are a self-starter
- you are hands on, operational and enjoy handling a wide set of tasks in a dynamic environment
- you are entrepreneurial self-motivated and able to independently drive projects
- you communicate well, build strong relationships and have commercial acumen
- you understand and adjust behavior and communication towards different cultures
- you can meet deadlines and are self-driven
- you are flexible and adaptable with a “can-do” attitude
- you have ability to work well under pressure
What an eligible candidate can expect:
- take part in investments in the fast-growing renewable energy sector
- contribute to sustainable development and economic growth in developing countries
- employment with a truly international company
- work for an investment company with a market cap of approximately USD 5 billion
- a lean and dynamic working environment
It is part of every employee’s terms of reference to contribute to Scatec's vision: Improving our Future and adhere to our company values which are:
- Driving results
- Working together
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact Mona Gabrielsen, on mobile +47 917 46 917 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Due to summer holidays applications will be reviewed in August.