Group Chief Accountant to global industrial company
Fiven Group is a global leader in the production of Silicon Carbide (SiC) and is headquartered in Oslo. The business has more than 100 years of history and was established by industry founder Sam Eyde. His ability to innovate still characterizes the culture.
The Group produces SiC under the SIKA brand, a material recognized for superior hardness, high thermal conductivity and chemical inertness, making it the preferred material for demanding applications. Production sites are in Norway, Belgium, Brazil and Venezuela, while sales offices are located in Cologne, Pittsburgh and Shanghai.
The company is owned by the private equity fund OpenGate Capital. Together with the owners, the Group is facing exciting times ahead. Organic growth will be driven through R&D and should be achieved by the development of new products and applications. Fiven is also looking to grow through M&A where there is a good fit with Fiven and where there are possible synergies.
Fiven is listed on the NASDAQ Nordic in Stockholm for its bond financing. Annual turnover is of over 100 million euros.
Fiven ASA is looking for its new Group Chief Accountant. The major areas of responsibilities are preparation of the consolidated financial statements, compliance with statutory requirements in timely manner, reporting to the stock exchange, manage and control tax for the company, establish and maintain adequate internal controls across the Group, contact with the auditors and treasury activities for the headquarter. This is a central role in a small but strong team located at Fiven headquarters in Oslo, with close cooperation towards finance teams at operational sites in Norway, Belgium, Brazil and Venezuela. The position reports to CFO.
Main duties and responsibilities
- ensure timely and accurate preparation of consolidated financial statements for the Group in accordance with IFRS
- review P&L and balance sheet of subsidiaries and ensure their financial statements are in line with IFRS and Group Accounting Policy
- provide global guidance on accounting and consolidation related issues
- liaison with subsidiaries to prepare parent company’s statutory reporting requirement
- maintain and enhance tools for consolidation
- cash management of the parent company
- maintain and improve financial controls through chart of accounts, accounting procedures and internal control processes
- manage and control direct and indirect tax for the company, deal with tax authorities and actively advise on tax matters
- contact with external auditors and facilitate an efficient audit process
- lead, support and contribute in process improvement initatives
- assist CFO in ad hoc projects
- master's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- minimum 5-7 years of relevant working experience, preferably from big 4 audit firm or an international company
- strong and sound technical accounting knowledge in IFRS and international accounting practices
- fluent in English, oral and written language
We are looking for a hands-on person with good interpersonal skills, a curious attitude and solid experience from establishing structure and increased efficiency related to accounting and financial reporting. You are ambitious and like to challenge conventional practises. Further, you are structured, analytical and has good communication skills.
- a challenging position in a company with high growth ambitions
- personal growth and development for the right candidate
- competitive terms
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Due to summer holidays applications will be reviewed in August.